4. The Bullies

New chapter out! I put a lot of emotion and thought into this chapter. Don't forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed. By the way, this chapter gets very graphic. Just a warning.

*Pictured above: Jason*

*Jason's POV*

I left his house and head home. The sun was starting to set, casting a golden light over the neighborhood.After arriving at my troubled household, I noticed Emma arguing with our foster parents. I was unsurewhat exactly was happening. After they settled down, I approach Emma. "What was that all about?" I question.

"Ugh, I was just telling them that I had to study for my test tomorrow. They got mad because they wanted meto help them run some errands." She responds.I decide to head for the shower before sleep. I grab a towel from the closet and stroll off to the bathroom. I walk past

the torn up walls and enter the shower, Ignoring the stains and water damage from the rain we got a while back. I wonder if they will ever fix the ceiling from leaking. Probably not though, due to the fact that they are cheap and don't give any fucks.

They have always only cared about themselves and no one else. If the situation doesn't directly impact them, they wont bother to address it. Seeing how everyone uses the shower, I had hoped that they would considering fixing the water damage, even if they only fixed the bathroom area and notthe rest of the house.

Throughout my life, it's always been me and Emma through everything. She means theworld to me and has helped me through the darkest of times. When our parents completely stepped out on us,

we were left with nothing. No other family, no friends that would be willing to take us in. We were eventually placed into the foster care system and now, we're stuck with these baboons. The point is, Emma has always been there for me and promised to always remain by my side through thick and thin.

The next day, I walk to school with Emma. It was cloudy and the temperature was cool. The air was moist, like it was about to rain. After walking for about five minutes, I noticed a group of guys trailing behind us.

Emma seemed to have noticed as well, giving me a look of caution. Eventually,the group caught up to us and one of them pushed me aside saying "watch where you're going" and the others started name calling, as they pass. I let it go, but Emma looked irritated.

After arriving, I made my way to first period. The teacher was talking about something that I don't care enough to pay attention to. Lunch came, and I walked up to the cafeteria grabbing a tray. I collected some food and started walking towards a table. As I was looking around for Emma, before I could realize it, my tray was on the ground.

I looked around seeing a guy trail off to his friends as they all looked back, laughing at me and giving him high fives. After not eating lunch, I went to my locker to get a couple of things for my next class.

As I finished grabbing my things, the same group of people who Emma and I seen while walking to school walked past me, and slammed the locker shut with my hand on the edge. "Watch where you're goin' Larson!" One of them shouted at me. The group

continued walking, laughing. I pulled my hand to my chest in agony, trying to hold back the tears forming in my eyes. I would have gone to the nurse, but I wasn't bleeding and I could at least still move my fingers.

All she would do is shove some Advil down my throat. Today was not my day. After my next class, I texted Emma and asked her to pick up some homework for me. I skipped the rest of the day. I don't give a shit if they call my "Parents" or whatever.

They were barely parents to me and Emma. In face, the word "Barely" Doesn't even pertain to them. Me and Emma have always only been by ourselves. It's nothing new, though.

After I get home I head straight to my room. I find myself completely surrounded by my past. Everything horrible starts resurfacing. Before I know it, tears start streaming down my face.

Why does this always happen to me?

Why do I feel this way?

I didn't do anything to those fucking donkeys at school. Why do I deserve this? It's bad enough that my parents abandoned me. It's truly the worst feeling knowing that no one around you wants you or even thinks anything of it when they're slamming you against lockers.

When you lay helplessly on the ground being punched and kicked over.. and over.. and over.

All of these thoughts began overflowing my body. I slump to the ground of my room, and become lost in thought sitting there.

Before I realize what I'm doing, I grab the nearest object which happens to be a paper clip from the floor. I begin scraping the edge against the skin on my fore-arm. As drips of blood race down my arm, I twitch and suddenly hear a knock at the door.

Before I can even move, Emma steps inside the doorway and a tear drops from her eye as she covers her mouth with her hand, looking like her life had flashed before her eyes. She responds with a tone that made my heart shatter.

"Jason.. What are you doing?"