36. The Truth

Hey everyone! Thanks for making it this far. Enjoy the chapter and don't forget to vote, comment and share! Votes help boost the chance for additional chapters, and potentially a second book. Thanks!

"No! I don't want to go to a hospital! I just want to die! Flynn, you have no idea what I've been through. I don't care anymore, about anything! I just don't want this anymore! I can't keep doing.. This.." I say before collapsing on the dock, closing my eyes.

*Jason's POV*

I wake up screaming in terror, tears falling from my eyes. I look over, seeing Flynn slam open the door in concern.

"Jason you're okay" He says to me, sitting on the edge of the bed.

I move slightly, but whimper at the pain coursing through my body. I put my arms around my head, blocking out the light. My eyes burn as the tears haven't stopped streaming from my face.

"Jason, please tell me what is going on" He says to me with a very worried voice. He reaches his arms around my light body, pulling me into a soft embrace.

"It hurts Flynn.. I don't want this. I don't want to be here. Please, I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want this pain Flynn! Why can't I have been gone instead? Why?" Panic follows my voice and I can feel a panic attack about to surface. I tense my body and sob loudly in his arms.

He wraps his arms tighter around me while comforting me with a rocking motion, almost like calming a child.

"You should probably see a doctor Jason. What if you have broken bones?" He proposes.

I immediately shut him down. "I don't want to go to a hospital ever again" I say and he nods.

"Look Jason, I'm going to grab some water for you. And maybe some Advil because your all bruised up, okay? And later I'll have a doctor come to the house. That way you don't have to go to a hospital" He says to me before standing up. I quickly grab his arm.

"N-No, p-please stay with me" I say through a muffled voice. He lays back in the bed and embraces me once more, this time pulling me to his chest.

"This reminds me of when we would always snuggle together in NYC. What I would give to rewind time to that day." I say in a very quiet voice. He presses his chin to my shoulder.

"Jason, you need to tell me what is going on. Please."

I sit in silence for a few minutes, preparing myself to think about everything.

"I-" Tears emerge from my eyes once more and my body curls up against his chest.

"It's alright, I'm here" He says to me in a whisper. I breath heavily, trying to gather myself.

"Emma died.. And I couldn't do anything." I say to him and even inside the darkness, I see his eyes widen.

"Dr. Smith tried everything but it was too late. She died and I just watched. How could I do that? I should have tried something, anything! But I didn't. I ran out of the hospital with the rain and tears streaming down my face. I ran until I couldn't anymore, and before I knew it.." He caresses my hair softly.

"What else?" He responds in a deep and calm voice.

"I-"

"Before I knew it, I was being forced against a cement building. A group of five guys had me pinned down. They started beating me senseless. Each punch and kick to my ribcage left a bruise.. I thought it was over but then.." My eyes burn like hell and I cover my face with my hands.

"You're safe Jason, what else happened?" He asks me with a reassuring tone.

"I thought it was over until one of them started touching me against my will. He would put his hands on me and call me nasty names. When I tried to break free, his henchmen would just bat me with a punch. It got so bad that I started coughing up blood."

"After a while, I heard him unzip his pants- and.."

Flynn grabs my hand and wraps his arms over my torso.

"He-"

"He raped me."

I cover my mouth to force my panic attack away. "I begged for him to stop but he didn't. I couldn't do anything Flynn. They left me in the ally, alone and broken."

"After that, I found myself at the dock. I stumbled myself towards the edge. The storm was sure to toss me around while approaching the edge. I was about to step off, but that's when you came."

He looks at me with disbelief and holds me closer in his arms. "Jason.. I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have abandoned you. This is all my fault, not yours." He says with disappoint in his tone.

"Emma and I have always been together, no matter what. She's been there for me through thick and thin.. But when it came down to it, I wasn't there for her. What kind of person does that make me?" I say while staring at him deeply into his eyes.

He stares into my eyes and responds in a whisper. "Jason, if there's one thing I know for certain, it's that you were there for her. You've always been there for her when it came down to it. When she collapsed on the beach in NYC, and now. You've been nothing but kind and accepting to all of us. Especially Hannah. She told me that you sexually harassed her at her house a couple days ago, which sent me over the edge."

"But I know now that I was stupid to doubt you. You wouldn't do something like that and it's extremely wrong and heartless of her to accuse you of that. I'm going to fix all this, okay?" He says to me while grabbing my hand tightly.

He pulls me into his arms once again and I close my eyes as his warmth engulfs me.
After a few minutes, I find my eyes shutting heavily. It's the first time I'm able to go to sleep calmly and not in tears.