38. Healing

Hey everyone! Thanks for making it this far. Enjoy the chapter and don't forget to vote, comment and share! Votes help boost the chance for additional chapters, and potentially a second book. Thanks!

We walk down the hall and enter the office, and sit down waiting for the principle to finish cleaning things up at the library. Ericka really gave her a run for her money..

*Time skip: Two months*

*Jason's POV*

I wake up glued to Flynn's chest. A smile escapes my lips as I watch him sleep. After five minutes of pretending to sleep, I feel warm lips press against my cheek. I open my eyes and look at Flynn, smiling. He takes this opportunity to place a long kiss on my mouth.

I wrap my arms around him and he pins me down, tickling me. "Flynn! That's not fair! Cheater!" I shout, giggles escaping my mouth.

He finally frees me, allowing me to catch my breath. He lays on top of me, kissing my neck.

"Flynn, come on!" I say with a laugh. He starts giggling on top of me. "What? I didn't do anything" He says playfully.

I push him with all my strength, but he doesn't move.

"Get off me fat ass!" I shout, and he erupts into laughter.

I know he's not fat, he's actually very fit. And I mean VERY fit. But his muscle makes him heavy as shit. "On a more serious note, I wanted to ask you something" I say while looking into his eyes.

"Yeah?" He responds.

"So, I haven't um.. I wanted to know if you.. If you want to go to the cemetery today. I haven't seen Emma's headstone yet. Whenever Ericka and Emily go, I always decline. I guess I've still not accepted it completely.. But I'm willing to go with you" I say to him and he nods.

"Of course, let's go now then" He responds and pulls me into a hug.

It's also been two months since I've been at my house.. And I don't want to go back there, at any costs. It reminds me too much of Emma.

I get up and get dressed in the bathroom. I walk back in the room, wondering when Flynn will be ready.

"Are you almost ready?" I say, entering the room. He looks at me with hungry eyes and a wide smirk on his face.

My eyes widen and my face turns red at the sight in front of me. I cover my mouth and turn around to hide my redness.

"Oh my god" I say in a small whisper.

I hear Flynn laugh like crazy and I grab the door handle in an attempt to exit the room. He sneaks up from behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist before resting his head on my shoulder.

"O-oh my g-god. Flynn Kessler! You're naked!" I shout and he kisses my cheek. "I am?" He responds jokingly.

"Flynn." I say sternly and he presses his hips against my waist. "Yes?" He responds.

I feel my face heat up and I cover my mouth to stop myself from whimpering. He must really love intimidating me.

But to be honest.. His body.. Perfect.

I open the door with the handle and exit. He doesn't stop me, but gives me a devilish smirk before I close the door.

This boy.. "Kristen! Come collect your son!" I shout down the stairs before she pops her head out.

"What's that hun?" She responds and I smile at her. "Nothing"

We arrive at the cemetery. Flynn parks near the entrance.
"Ready to go?" He asks me. I take a deep breath, recollecting my thoughts. "Let's go" I say while stepping out of the car.

He walks next to me, and we approach the cemetery. He grabs my hand, comforting me.
"Is this is?" I question, walking closer.

"That's it" He says, still holding my hand. I lean down, pressing my knees against the grass.

"We should have brought flowers.." I say, and to my surprise, Flynn pulls out flowers from behind his back.

"I thought about that earlier, so I brought some with" He says while handing them to me. I take them, setting them on the headstone.

"Emma Larson, Taken from the world too soon" The headstone reads.

We sit there, staring at her headstone for quite some time. After a while, I feel tears swell up in my eyes. I look down at the grass, hoping to avoid Flynn's stare.

He stands up, pulling me to his feet with him.

"I'm sorry I cry so much" I respond to him with tears falling from my face. He embraces me in a hug and I give him a slight smile.

"Let's get out of here" He says, pulling me along with him. "Are you okay Jason?" He asks me with concern. "No" I respond to him plainly.

"Do you wanna get some ice cream to make you feel better?" He questions with a warm smile.
"Yes" I respond and he chuckles a bit at my response.

He pulls up to a nearby Dairy Queen and parks his car. He walks over to my side and opens the door for me.

"Come on Ariana" He says, shutting the door behind me. "I'm not Ariana" I respond to him with a laugh.

"Well, you do sing really good. Don't think I don't remember! You killed it at karaoke in NYC" He says, pushing my shoulder a bit.

"I liked Ericka's performance the best though" I say with a smile.

"What? Money? I mean her performance was hilarious. She started twerking on stage! The DJ had to cut her performance short" Flynn says with a laugh.

We're interrupted by someone that brings us our ice cream. I got a blizzard with cookie dough, Flynn got a chocolate dipped cone.

After we finish our ice cream, we grab our things and head back to his house. We walk in and Flynn heads to his room. "I'm going to use the bathroom one second" I say and he nods his head.

I wash my hands and use the towel on the hook to dry them. I walk out of the bathroom, and towards Flynn's door. I knock twice, remembering what happened this morning.. I don't need that again.

"Come in" he responds and I open the door walking inside and closing it behind me. I walk towards the bed where he's laying.

I look him up and down noticing he's in his boxer briefs. "At least you have something on at least.. I can deal with that, he does it often. But I've never actually seen him naked. Well, until this morning.

Before I can even sit down, he's pulling me into his arms giving me a big hug. He pecks my lips and drifts off to sleep, mumbling words I can't exactly piece together.