32. Deception

Hey everyone! Thanks for making it this far. Enjoy the chapter and dont forget to vote, comment and share! Votes help boost the chance for additional chapters, and potentially a second book. Thanks!

*Flynn's POV*

I really don't understand what's happening at this point.. Ericka is extremely pissed at Jason, and with good reason. But something doesn't add up.. I mean Jason wouldn't tag Hannah's car would he?

And he was really close with Ericka too.

I really don't understand..

After school that day, I head home, parking in the driveway. "Hun! I'm glad you're home, when is Jason going to be over?" She pesters me. "Mom, I'm not sure.. Things are complicated right now" I explain to her.

She looks at me with a sad face. "That's too bad.. I thought you two would make a perfect couple" She says with a huge grin.

"Wha-" I try to interrupt, but no words escape my mouth. "Exactly" She says, mocking me. "Mom it's not like that.." I say before walking up to my room, shutting the door behind me. I plop down on the bed, closing my eyes.

Can't all of this end?

My phone rings.

Of course not..

"Hello?" I answer.

"Flynn please-" I hear a voice say that sounds like Hannah. "What's going on? Are you okay?" I question through the phone. She struggles to respond, mumbling words I can't understand. I decide it's best to hurry over to her house as fast as possible.

I grab my keys and dash out the door, ignoring my mother who's calling for me. I race over to her house, cutting around people in the process.

I arrive at her house, noticing the garage door is open. I enter the garage, opening the door to inside.
As I do this, I see Hannah laying on the floor sobbing. I quickly approach her.

"Hannah what's wrong? Is everything okay?" I ask out of concern. She looks at me with terrified eyes before speaking. "J-Jason broke in my house when my parents weren't home and harassed me" She says in a quiet, petrified voice.

My face turns furious to her response, and I pull her into a comforting hug. "Hannah if this is true, we're going to need evidence" I say with a quiet voice. She sits in my arms and cries, but eventually nods her head.

"We have a security system in the house, so we can check the cameras upstairs" She says with a depressed voice. I pull her to her feet, and we walk up the stairs. She unlocks a desktop computer, and opens the security camera footage.

It shows her arriving from school, and entering inside. A couple minutes pass and Jason runs towards the door, trying to open it. It's locked, so he then goes to the garage. It looks like he tried a few different pins, but then eventually got it to open. He enters through the garage door.

A little bit later, it shows him leaving through the front door. He gets inside a car that I don't even recognize, and drives off.

It has the time on here. It's thirty minutes since the time when he exited. I look back at her, and she's in tears. I wrap my arms around her to comfort her.

"Don't worry Hannah. I'll deal with Jason from here on out okay?" I say to her, and she presses her face inside my chest.

I can't believe Jason did something like this.

"W-will you please stay here tonight?" Hannah asks me. Without even processing the question, I nod my head. "Of course" I respond, embracing her closely.

The rest of the night, we watch movies on the couch. "So when are your parents coming home?" I ask her. "They probably won't come home tonight.. They're busy with work" She responds. I nod my head in understanding.

She gets up, walking to the bathroom. I'm going to freshen up for bed. You can sleep in the guest room. It's downstairs" She says, closing the bathroom door behind her.

I do as she says, walking down the stairs and entering the guest room. It's bigger than expected.

What do her parents do for work again?

I rethink everything, while shutting my eyes.

I am going to have to deal with Jason tomorrow.

The next morning, I wake up noticing a sweet smell from the kitchen. I walk up the stairs, seeing fresh pancakes on the stove. Hannah starts taking them off, setting them on plates. I walk behind her, which scares her a bit.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you" I say to her. It's fine, here" She says while extending a plate to me.

I take the plate and sit down on the stool near the table. "I didn't know you cook" I say to her in surprise. She gives me a shocked expression. "Well there's a lot you don't know about me. Try the pancakes" She says, eagerly waiting my first bite. I dip the pancakes into syrup and take a bite.

"They are so fluffy" I respond. She smiles, setting another one on my plate. "Thanks" I say, pancakes still in my mouth. Hannah sits down across from me, texting someone on her phone. "Who is it?" I ask her. "Oh just Troy, no one special" She responds giving me a smile.

After breakfast, Hannah drives us to school. We thought it would be easier, plus then it's less gas.

Arriving at school, my eyes immediately look for Jason. I don't see him right away, but as I'm entering I catch sight of Ericka and Emily. "Hey have you guys seen Jason?" I ask them. Ericka ignores my question, probably not wanting anything to do with Jason.

"I seen him at his locker a couple minutes ago" Emily says. I speed off to Jason's locker in a hurry.

I catch sight of him as he's closing his locker. "Jason!" I shout. He looks confused, and turns towards me. "What the f**k? Why would you do that to Hannah?" I question him. Before he can respond, I cut him off. "Stay away from me and Hannah. I don't want you anywhere near Ericka or Emily either" I say to him, walking away.

He trails me, trying to stop me from walking away. He grabs my shirt. "Flynn I don't understand. I didn't do anything! Please you have to believe me" He attempts to explain to me, and before I know it, my fist connects with his cheek.

He falls to the floor, whimpering in pain. I look into his eyes and bend down towards him as he's tearing up. "I would say I'm sorry to you, but I'm not. You brought this on yourself when you did all those things to Hannah" I say to him, shoving him away from me harshly.

I walk away, not looking back at him. Ericka is standing by the door, witnessing the entire thing. She didn't intervene. "Let's get out of here" I say, as Ericka follows me. "Wait what's goin-" Emily asks out of confusion, but stops her question as Ericka pulls her along with us.

That's it for this chapter! Please add this to your list so you don't miss when I publish! I will publish 2-3 chapters daily! Thanks.