18. The Mall

Another chapter out! Hope you guys enjoy. Don't forget vote! It makes my day. Also, please don't hesitate to comment and ask questions. I have a discord chat room for this book posted on my Wattpad profile.

*Pictured above: Flynn*

*Jason's POV*

The car ride back to the hotel was silent. Troy avoided eye contact with me at all costs. I didn't mean for things to end like this between us but I guess It doesn't matter now.

I get in the elevator and walk to my room. After getting in the room, I look to my right and see Kessler wearing nothing but boxer briefs standing in front of the mirror, brushing his teeth.

I immediately become nervous and red. "Hey Larson" he says to me with a smile creeping onto his face, knowing he made me embarrassed. "You don't have any clothes?" I ask in confusion.

"I was late, remember? You had to get me out of class because I forgot about the trip. So no, I don't have any other clothes. That's why you're going to help me pick stuff out at the mall tomorrow" He says while looking at me with a smirk.

"That's fair.." I say, walking to my bed trying to ignore his body. I forgot how perfect it is.

I change into pajamas and lay down. He comes out of the bathroom and lays down, only not in his bed. He laid down next to me, wrapping his arms around my waist. I have to admit, his touch is way more comforting than Troy's.

He then snuggles himself closer to me, pressing his head against my neck.

I swear.. He may be a jock and a hunk but he's really just a big teddy bear.

I put my hands on his and drift off to sleep with one question in my mind.

What are my feelings for Flynn Kessler?

*Flynn's POV*

I woke up with Jason glued to my chest. We seemed to have shifted in our sleep. He's so comfortable to sleep with. He's best friend and I love him for that. I seemed to have woken him up on accident.

He sits up, about to leave the bed. I grab his arm, pulling him to me and snuggle him with a huge smile on my face. He looks red. "You know what? Fuck the mall, I'd rather stay like this all day" I say with a chuckle in my voice. He tries to break free but collapses into my embrace, wrapping his arms around me.

I laugh a little and he frowns. "Fuck!" He says, squirming once more trying to break free. "You can't keep captive here! This is illegal! He says, with a bit of laughter. He struggles more, not being able to break free. "Give it up Larson, you aren't stronger than me" I say with a laugh, tightening my grip around him.

He gives up once more, hugging his arms around me. "You always overpower me like this" he says with an annoyed yet adorable voice. "Sure do" I say with a smile.

We hear a knock at the door. "Come in, it's unlocked!" I yell at the door. "Wait! Flynn we're in be-" Jason says, stopping as they walk in. Emily and Ericka enter, talking about something but pause as they see me and Jason tangled together on the bed.

"Oh damn y'all made up quick" Ericka says in disbelief and laughter. "What's going on here?" Emily asks in confusion. "Nothing, we're just fooling around-" I cut off Jason. "We're having sex, a little privacy?" I joke, knowing Jason will get embarrassed.

"We- we're definitely NOT having sex!" He yells out of embarrassment. "Oh my f*****g God look at my hoes! They messin up the sheets!" Ericka responds with excitement to Emily.

I laugh and Jason sighs out of embarrassment. We get up and get ready, taking turns in the bathroom. Ericka and Emily sat down on the couch scrolling through their Instagram feeds.

After some time, we both finished getting ready. We asked the teachers if we could head out and they agreed, but said we have to pay for a cab ourselves. They also said we have to be back by eight pm.

*Jason's POV*

We get inside the taxi cab and head towards the mall. After riding for some time, we arrive. Thank God. I think Ericka got the driver really annoyed the way she was changing the radio channel.

We all walk inside, and Ericka's face lights up. She immediately grabs Emily's hand and drags her to the nearby forever 21.

Flynn takes my hand and he pulls me along with him, walking into American Eagle. We walk around a bit and he grabs a few pairs of pants along with some shirts. After some time, we check out.

The total was an astounding two hundred dollars. I look at him in worry and he gives me a smile of relief. He sets his card on the counter and the lady takes the card, swiping it. "Wait!" Flynn says while grabbing something off the rack. It seemed to be an action figure of some sort. "I want this too" he says, setting the small toy on the counter.

Wow..

Me and the lady both begin laughing. "I'm sorry, he's a trip" I say. She bags the clothes along with the action figure.

After he bought some clothes, we met up with Ericka who had bags on bags of clothes and accessories. Ericka isn't that a little much?" I question. "I already tried to tell her" Emily responds with a laugh.

We all head to the arcade. Ericka plays against Flynn in air hockey. After some time, the score reached 8-9. With one point left for Flynn to score, Ericka was stressed. Flynn took advantage of this and caught her off guard. He scored the last point easily, making the game 8-10.

"Woo! Eat that Ericka!" He shouts at her with a huge smile. "Whatever hoe, just wait my girl Emily gonna f**k you up!" She says with a laugh, nudging Emily to the opposing side of the air hockey table. The game starts.

Flynn crushed Emily with an astounding 0-10. Emily looked sad to have lost with such a great difference. "Don't worry Emily, he's just a punk" She says, frowning at Flynn.

I laugh and notice a call from an unknown number. "Hey guys, give me a sec I'm gonna take this" I say while walking outside a nearby exit of the mall.

"Hello? Who is this?" I say, answering the phone. As I answer, my eyes widen and I sink to the floor, nearly in tears. I can barely respond to the caller. I mumble single words. "Ok" and "alright" emerge from my mouth as I find myself barely able to speak.

It feels like I've been punched in the gut. As I end the call, I fall to my knees in tears, struggling to breathe.