39. Together At Last

Hey everyone! Thanks for making it this far. Enjoy the chapter and don't forget to vote, comment and share! Votes help boost the chance for additional chapters, and potentially a second book. Thanks!

Before I can even sit down, he's pulling me into his arms giving me a big hug. He pecks my lips and drifts off to sleep, mumbling words I can't exactly piece together.

*Jason's POV*

The next morning I wake up to the delicious smell of bacon and hash browns. I lift my head slightly, rolling over. I don't see Flynn in the bed next to me, which is weird. He usually likes to harass me when I wake up in the mornings.

I also haven't been to my house in a long time. It doesn't surprise me that my foster parents didn't do anything when I told them I'm leaving. I'm about to be eighteen anyways, so it doesn't matter to them. They honestly would have probably kicked me out when I turned eighteen so whatever.

I sit up on the bed, hearing rustling noises come from the kitchen.

What's going on down there?

I decide to investigate, but when I'm about to stand up Flynn walks in.
"Sit down, princess" He says to me jokingly. I sit back on the bed and he continues towards me with a large tray full of different foods. He has sausage, hash browns, bacon, pancakes, eggs, and lemonade.

"What's this all for? I question curiously. "It's for you" He responds with a smile. "You made this?" I question in disbelief. "Well, I made the bacon and eggs but my mom had to help with everything else" He responds with a proud voice.

A grin shows on my face as I eat the food that's presented in front of me. Once I finish, I set the tray on the nightstand next to me.

Flynn takes this as an opportunity to pounce, landing directly on top of me. I gasp as he does this, but then slowly wrap my arms around him tightly. He gives me a warm smile before placing a playful kiss on my nose.

"So, I was thinking we could do something today" He says to me with an excited smile. "Oh? What do you have in mind?" I ask him curiously.

"Well, I kind of wanted to take you somewhere. Like um maybe an activity??" He says with uncertainty in his tone. "I mean I know what we're doing, so just say yes" He chuckles.

"Alright, then yes" I say and he places a big kiss on my forehead.

Should I be concerned?

.

I step into his car, waiting for him. He said he was going to grab something before leaving and told me to go out to the car and wait, so I did.

I look over to the front of the house, hearing muffled screams.

What is going on inside there?

After a minute, I see someone open the door. Flynn emerges, trying to exit quickly. "Harold! Can you believe this?" Kristen shouts from inside. Flynn hurries, shutting the door behind him quickly. He enters the car and we drive off.

"So where are we going?" I ask him with curiosity. "We're going to your favorite place ever" He responds with a grin on his face. "What does that mean?" I ask him and he shrugs his shoulders. "I guess you'll find out when we're there" He says to me with a devilish grin.

This boy..

He pulls up into a familiar parking lot, walking over to my side and opening the door for me. "I'm not helpless, you know" I say to him and he grins. "You're not helpless but not helpful either" He says and I gasp.