40. The Perfect Match

***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***

Hello everyone. I'm very happy and sad to say that this is the LAST chapter to "The Perfect Match" I love hearing from everyone, it inspires me to be a better writer. I'm going to make this chapter slightly longer for everyone to have a bomb last chapter!

*PLEASE STICK AROUND AND READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END OF THIS CHAPER*

"I love you Jason Larson. Will you go to prom with me?"

*Jason's POV*

Wow. I can't believe it. Flynn Kessler just asked me to prom?

That's crazy. We've really come a long way. In the beginning of the year, I would have cringed at his question. We didn't like each other in the slightest. But now? I can't get enough of him. He's truly the best guy ever.

The next morning, I'm woken by Kristen. "Jason! Oh hun, we have to get your outfit ready for prom! I'm so excited! She shouts, dragging me out of bed. "Wait, what? Prom is today?!" I ask, confused. "Yes hun, now get dressed! We're going to the store to get you somethin' to wear at prom. I'm going to take so many pictures!" She says, walking out of the room.

I look over at Flynn who is still sleeping. I decide to change in the bathroom, not wanting to test if he's actually asleep and not just faking it. Last time he had me so embarrassed..

I get into the car, Kristen entering the drivers seat and driving off.

"So what is Flynn wearing? Doesn't he need to get clothes?" I question, looking at her. "Oh hun, your so behind it's terrible. Flynn already has his clothes for prom! He picked them out weeks ago, dear" She says to me, making me gasp. "So he's been wanting to ask me for this long and does it the day before?" I say to her with confusion.

"Guess so. I told him to do it earlier but he was too nervous. He doesn't like to admit it, though" Kristen responds with a shrug.

"Regardless, I'm extremely happy. I can't wait to see you two standing next to each other in my living room!" She says, pulling up into a nearby store. "Ok hun, let's go" She says while signaling me to follow.

We enter the store, heading to the men's section. We shuffle through multiple suits. She makes me try on every single one. "Kristen, don't you think this is a little over the top?" I ask her, trying to be gentle about it.

"Of course not! This is all one hundred percent necessary" She responds while throwing me another suit to try on. I enter the dressing room, putting on the nice black suit. It has a clip for a rose inside the front pocket of the suit jacket.

I walk out of the changing room and her mouth drops to the floor. "Oh yes. That's the one" She says before pulling me alone to the cashier desk. "That'll be two hundred thirty dollars" The lady says to us. My eyes widen at the price. "Kristen! That's way too expensive. Let's get a different one" I say, walking away but she grabs my arm.

"We're getting that one so don't take it off" She says while pulling me back to her side. I sigh in defeat as she pays for the suit with her card and we leave the store.

"Thank you so much Kristen" I say while she drives off towards the house. "No problem dear. You don't realize it, but you've become a real edition to the family. I love having you around! You're like the son I've always wanted. I can go shopping with you, dress you up for prom, and you have amazing grades!" She says while rustling my hair.

I grin at her. "What about Flynn?" I question. "What about him?" She responds.

oop.

"Don't get me wrong hun, I love my Flynn with all my heart. He's the light of my life. But I love you just as much. As far as I'm concerned, you're both everything to me. And you're going to marry Flynn someday so everything works out!" She says with a huge smile