Chapter 1 - The Proposal

Osiris POV

It's been 2 years since Athenalise and I started dating, and I think I finally figured out the perfect way to propose to her. I've been planning it since I met her. Cheesy I know, but that's not the point! The point is, I finally know how to do it.

Tonight is our anniversary and I've arranged for the perfect evening. First we're going to a movie (it was the first date I took her on), then we're going to dinner, and then we're going to go to this beautiful spot by the lake in our territory where we like to go and just look at the stars. That's when I'm going to propose. Man I hope she says yes... I don't know what I would do if she said no... All negative thoughts aside! I need to start getting ready. Alright, have to go take a quick shower, then get dressed.

My heart is nearly pounding out of my chest. I'm surprised she can't hear it! We went to go see her favorite movie, The NoteBook. Ugh I hate movies like this, but I just get over it and go because I know she loves it. I don't get it though! Why do people like this kind of stuff? I'm pretty sure Bexley would hate it... my sisters, however... they would absolutely love it. Weirdos.

Athenalise doesn't know where we're going after the movie, so when I pull up to her favorite restaurant in the territory, she was so happy. I will never forget the look on her face when we pulled up. It was like a child on Christmas. We go in and order two steak meals and two glasses of champagne. I love those kind of nights when we would just sit and talk. We would talk about life, our future, the future of the pack, and other things. As it got closer and closer to the time where we needed to leave to go the lake, the more my heart threatened to jump out of my chest. I was so nervous. I think she could tell, because she kept asking me if I'm ok. It was finally time to go and I was holding on to the steering wheel of my truck so hard, that my knuckles were turning white. Thank god she didn't notice.

"Oh my god! I can't believe you brought me here! I love it!" she squealed when she saw where we were, and the little picnic scenery I set up. There wasn't any food because we just ate, but I did bring some more champagne. If you couldn't tell already, champagne is her favorite. I sat down beside her on the blanket and smiled, listening to her talk about everything that was on her mind in that one moment. "Hey uh, Athena?" I asked nervously. She turns and I see stars sparkling in her beautiful eyes as she smiles at me. "Yes?" she answers. "I have to uh... a-ask you something," I stuttered. "Ok," she said. I stood both of us and looked at her. "Athena, I have loved you since the day we met, even if it was in such bad conditions. You make me laugh every day and you know how to make me smile. Would you make me the happiest man in the world and," I said, getting on one knee. "Marry me?" I said, holding out a diamond ring.