Chapter 8 - Move

Bexleys Pov

I yell in frustration and use my magic to heal Osiris. I lay him on a pillow that was still in the cave and I sigh. I grab his hand to comfort him, but gasp as I see exactly what he saw, but I delved in more, biting my lip. I lean against the cool cave and go into Osiris's future.

I see him covered in blood and standing over Athenalise, his eyes red with none other than Cade behind him. I shake my head, seeing that Cade was controlling Osiris. I see other gods coming and fighting. And then at the end all I see is pain and hurt. I jump up, letting go of Osiris and crying out. I cover my mouth and shake Osiris awake. "You need to go to Athenalise," I say as soon as he wakes up. "What happened? Is she okay?!" Osiris asks. "Ossy, I can't let you go, knowing what you know. You need to take this. It will make you forget the last hour. That means you will forget everything that happened in the cave," Bexley says. "No. I need to remember this so I can protect Athenalise," Osiris says. "Ossy, I mean it. Please. I shouldn't have done this for you anyways. Besides all you need to know is that you need to protect Athenalise, even if she doesn't want it. Do you understand?" I say. "Then let me remember," Osiris say angrily. He stands up, walking out of the cave. I sigh, standing and going back to my pack.

Osiris's Pov

I was angry at Bexley for wanting to make me forget what I saw. But I knew she only wanted what was best. I sigh, going to Athenalise, who was laying by the river, reading a book. I go to her, sitting beside her. "Athenalise, we need to talk," I say softly. I needed to change the future, even if that meant hurting someone I loved. "What is it, Osiris?" Athena asks. "I asked Bexley to show me our future....and it... I well um... I can't let what I saw happen....the wedding is off," I say, standing up quickly. Athenalise stands up, grabbing my hand. "What the hell?!" she spats, anger and hurt showing all over her. "This won't work if I'm afraid of losing you," I say. "We choose what tears us apart, Osiris, and it shouldn't be love. It shouldn't be anything. Love can either bring you together or tear you apart, but we choose which one it does," Athenalise says, tears in her eyes. "No, Athenalise, I can't. I'm sorry," I say, running off to cool down.

Athenalise's Pov

The words that left Osiris's mouth cut through me like a knife. As he runs off, I fall, crying. I knew he was upset and worried, but it would be better if we were not together, but that was the wrong idea. We are stronger together. I calm down and walk inside. Someone was cooking fish, which I usually love, but this time I gag, running towards the bathroom and puke. I soon stop and wash my throat, frowning. I put a hand to my mouth, hoping and praying I was just getting sick. But, for safety's sake, I grab a pregnancy test and take it. I wait a while and check it quickly, throwing it away. It was positive. I couldn't tell Osiris. I couldn't tell anyone. I pack a bag quickly and get in a car, driving to Bexley's Territory. I had called her on my way, asking her if I could stay with her for a while. She already knew why and agreed immediately. I soon arrive and instantly get hugged by her. I smile lightly, looking at her she nods, hugging me as I cry into her shoulder. "I will talk to him," Bexley says and I nod. "Thank you," I say, calming down. "Let's get you some rest," Bexley says, leading me to a guest room. "Do you need anything else?" Bexley asks. "No I'm fine," I say, smiling. She nods, walking out.

Bexleys Pov

I was furious at Osiris. I call him, angry. "Bexley, not now," Osiris starts. "How dare you?!" I snap. "What do you mean?" He says. "You're an idiot. And an asshole," I say. "What do you mean? Don't act like a bitch!" Osiris snaps. "Screw you, Osiris. Stay off my territory and stay away from Athenalise. We both don't want to see you!" I snap, hanging up the phone. I storm down the steps and grab a drink, trying to think of a way to get through to Osiris's stupid head that he and Athenalise are stronger together.