Chapter 9 - Please...

Osiris POV

I slammed the phone down, punching the wall. I absolutely hate what I did to Athenalise, but I needed to do it so that I could protect her... from Cade and myself. I wanted to talk to her so badly, but after what I did, I know that she would probably never want to talk to me ever again. I punch the wall again after that realization, tears streaming down my face in a mixture of anger and sadness. Suddenly I heard a soft knock on the door. "Y-yes?" I stuttered, trying to stop shaking with anger. "Osiris?" the voice said. It was my mom. I ran to the door and threw it open, grabbing my mom and hugging her tightly, crying. "Osiris what's wrong?" she said, hugging me back, trying to calm me down. "I-I.. she..." I couldn't talk. "Honey, I need you to calm down and tell me what's going on, ok?" she said, looking at me. I nodded and sat down on the couch in front of her and told her the entire story. From seeing the future, but not saying exactly what I saw, then to me breaking off the wedding.

"You did what?!" she said when I finished. "I-I asked Bexley to show me m-my future... I just needed to know. And mom, the things I saw... I couldn't let them happen!" I practically sobbed. "Honey... what did you see?" she asked slowly, as if trying not to make me get mad. I looked at her, tears falling again. How the heck do I still have tears? I've been crying for like an hour. "Um... it's kind of hard to explain..." I say, trying to think of a way to tell her, but sparing her the graphic details. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, Osiris," she said, giving me a soft smile. "No no it's fine... I just don't know how to say it..." I say, trying my best to think. Then all of a sudden, the pain was back. It hit me like a brick and I was on the floor, screaming in pain. "Osiris?! Osiris what's wrong?!" my mom said, panicking a bit, holding on to my shoulders. I rocked back and forth, trying to ease the pain. It finally stopped, and I could look up at my mom, shaking. "Osiris?" she said, looking at me, still holding my shoulders. "Mom I need to show you what I saw... but it could hurt you..." I warned, the pain starting to come back. "It's ok. Just show me," she said. The pain came back, even more painful than before and I quickly looked into my mother's eyes, transferring the memory to her. She just gasped, seeing what I saw.

"Oh, Osiris... I'm so sorry," my mom said, looking back at me. "Now do you see why I had to do what I did?" I said, starting to choke up a bit, remembering the horrific sight. "I completely understand... do you want me to call Athenalise for you?" she suddenly asked. I stared at her for a second, contemplating her question. I did want to talk to her, but she wouldn't want to talk to me. That I was sure of, but she would probably talk to my mom. "S-sure..." I stuttered. She smiled, taking out her phone and calling Athenalise. My heart was pounding so hard I thought it would just burst out of my chest. "Hello?" I heard Athenalise say. "Hi, Athena... it's Sapphira," she said. "Oh hi! What's up?" I heard her say. She and my mom have an amazing relationship. "Honey, is it ok if I let Osiris talk with you for a second? He REALLY needs to talk," my mom said, emphasizing 'really'. There was a pause. "Sure... I guess," she said, sounding unsure. "Great. One second," mom said, handing the phone to me. "Athenalise, I was wrong. I was just trying to protect you. I need you to know that. Please... I really need you right now," I cried into the phone. There was no response, but I could hear her breathing, so I knew she was still there.

"Please."