Talking

Lloyd POV (cause I find it better!)

I've been avoiding Kai. There I put it out there! I've been avoiding him! So ever since my talk with Nya, I haven't been as convinced and especially after kissing Kai! I thought it had been a dream but the next day Kai's looks said other why.
Nya of course notice and she went and talked to me!

"You can't avoid him forever! And he's getting worried!" Nya said out of the blue! "I-i just not ready, I mean you've seen what I'm going through!" I said, she just shook her head. "That's no excuse! And Kai hasn't been himself and the other are getting suspicious!"

Kai had stopped trying to talk to me, stopped trying to sit with me at any meal, he even stopped training with me! I know it's my fault. But Nya's right, I need to talk to him.
I went all around the whole Bounty and couldn't find him then I tripped, I don't know how I did but I put my forearms in front of me to take in the impact but instead I was caught at the waist and pulled up.

"Well, I see you finally learned how to fall properly," Kai said with a smirk. He let go of me as I turned around, with him finally in front of me I could see his eyebags and how dark his ember eyes were. I caused that.

Kai stopped smirking, and then went past me and muttered, "you need to be more careful."
No, no, no, no, no! I'm losing him, aren't I!?

"Kai wait," I had grabbed his arm instinctively, "Can we talk please..."

Kai and I walked to the lounge and we sat at one of the tables, we sat in silence. I stared at the little piece of wood that stuck out when the rest of the table was flat, I plucked the piece off. Don't want anyone getting a splinter.

"So are you going to say anything or should just leave cause it's turning into a waste of time," Kai said full monotone in act. I took a deep breath not looking at him, "I wasn't trying to avoid you, I just wanted some space to think. And you make that very hard." I chuckled. "I didn't mean to push you away, I should have said something."

"You should've just said so," Kai said, I finally look at him. He was smiling a sad smile, he looked even more tired but also looked relieved. "You need to stop bottling things up, you do it too much, that involves your thoughts not just your emotions. Find someone to talk to, Nya, Wu, Zane, myself, any one of us will listen. I mean, you are the Green Ninja the world is on your shoulders, but you don't have to bear that alone. 'Kay?"

I felt my cheeks warm up a bit and my eyes start to sting. And Kai started panicking, "Did I say something wrong?! Are you okay? Lloyd, please don't cry!"
I shook my head and laughed through the tears, "It's nothing, just," I smiled. "Thank you, I didn't realize I needed to hear that."

And then I got up and hugged him, he was warm, really warm.
He froze for a moment in, I'm assuming, shock, but then he hugged back. "Of course, I'll always be here Greenie."

I don't need more drama, I just need a friend. I'll tell Kai about my feelings eventually, but now isn't the time. We have things to do and have enough on our plates, I don't want to add more for anyone to worry about.

Kai POV

"So wait who's turn is it to make dinner again?" I asked Nya.

"Cole's sad," I groaned at this. "But he is getting better, I think at least one of us helping every other dinner is making the food not taste as bad when he is doing it alone."

"It's either that or we're getting used to it, but I hope it's the first," I commented.
"I hope you're wrong about the 'getting used to it' part." She said shivering.

We made it to the dining room and Lloyd was talking to Jay on her left, and Zane seemed to chime every few seconds, on her right. I walked over to Zane and tapped his shoulder, "Can I sit here, please?"

Zane's eyes widened and nodded. And he went and sat next to Nya across from Lloyd.

Dinner really wasn't that bad, I don't think anyone is expecting to throw up, Lloyd and I were finally talking again. Sometimes it got awkward but we got there, and our talk earlier made me realize that Lloyd just needed me to be there for her. She doesn't need a boyfriend, she's the Green Ninja for Spinjistu's sake!

So that's what I'll be her friend, her shoulder to lean and cry on, I'll make sure she can count on me no matter what.

[_-^-_]

Hello! Hey, mmmm
I'm back, I was caught reading things my mom didn't want me reading not that I should have been in the first place! But I'm back now, I'll update when I can and when I finish one of these stories I might start posting this on a fanfic I posted on my Tumblr and Ao3 accounts and I don't like this story, I mean I love it but it makes me cringe! So Much! But I'm going to finish it, and then post another one, that's like this but I'm going to write it better!

And thank you for reading this story! I will post another chapter within 2 months that's how long I give myself before I force myself to think and make myself write. So yeah I'll be updating these stories soon! But I'm back good and I'm not leaving! Seen you soon! 🧡