Chapter Four

Emery POV

It was after the memorial and we went out for dinner. We were eating at Olive Garden and Sophie was throwing her food down the hatch.

"Slow down will you." He dad said and she just smiled at him. I usually get awkward eating in front of people.

"Girl sure can eat." I commented which made Kaylee hit me under the table.

"Hey so we were thinking on getting a rental to take down to the cabin so we aren't all taking seperate cars." Scarlett said and Danielle laughed

"Oh this car ride will be interesting won't it." Danielle said which made Kaylee and I nod.

"Mom dad can I sleep with Emery and Kaylee and Aunt Danielle tonight please." Sophie asked as she finished her pasta and reaching for some more breadsticks.

"Not tonight Sophie." Scarlett said

"But mom-"

"Not tonight Sophia." Chris said sternly. Everyone's a bit on edge with the funeral happening right now.

-

We were back at the Evans household but Danielle went outside to take a phone call.

"Who was it." Kaylee asked taking her makeup off. 

"Dylan." Danielle said. Dylan showed up at the memorial but I was gone when he came. The last thing I seen was Danielle shaking her head and walking away and Dylan walking out.

Flashback

Danielle POV

We were at the memorial and everyone just telling stories about my dad and how much a family man her was. Things in our family really hit the fan when mom died. Dad was depressed thought he'd never find love like that. That was right before I booked Legacies so I was moving away from home.

"Hey babe." Someone said and it was Dylan. Right I had a boyfriend how could I forget?

"Hey." I said and he took the empty seat that was Kaylee's but her and Emery went to the restroom. It didn't feel right having him sit next to me in a seat that occupied someone that is literally everything. Anyone who gets to be in her life is honestly blessed.

"I'm sorry about your dad." He said and turned his attention back to the guy that was speaking. It was dads childhood best friend. They've been friends since they were in diapers. I looked at Dylan and there were hickeys all around his neck.

"Whats that?" I asked pulling his collar down slightly.

"Just some bruises from MMA training it's nothing seriously." He said pushing my hand away. He was lying straight through his teeth.

"Really Dylan." I said and walked away.

Flashback over

"What did he say? He left the memorial early." Kaylee said sitting on the bed. We had one bed to share but it was a King bed so we all fit fairly well.

"Cause he cheated on me. Came to the memorial and lied about it. Apparently Chris yelled at him though he must've seen it cause he owned up." She said

"So what does this mean now?" i asked. I'm not gonna lie every since this whole wifey thing became a thing i've been team Daylee/Hosie so I've been silently hoping they would get together.

"I broke up with him. I haven't felt the same about him in a while anyway. Can we just watch the office and call it a night?" Danielle asked and of course we agreed.

-

It was time for the actual funeral and Danielle isn't speaking again. We got her to relax these past few days but after the memorial yesterday she hasn't been up for anything. So we did are favorite thing binge watch The Office. There wasn't funny commentary like usual but we just wanted Dani to know we are here for her unlike her good for nothing boyfriend. Like who even does that.