Chapter Eleven

Danielle Pov

"Have you notice that Chris and Scarlett's have been distant lately?" I asked Kaylee. We were hanging out in our room cuddling.  It was fairly early in the morning so no one would be awake. We had a few more days left at the cabin.

"I mean now that you mention it sure," Kaylee said. Ever since we decided to give us a try we have kept it secret since this was supposed to be about family and bonding time, not me coming out to my family. "Don't you think we should tell your siblings?" She asked and I vigorously shook my head.

"No! Why would you even suggest that?" I asked in disbelief.

"Well, I kinda want to show you love and affection anywhere besides the middle of nowhere in the backwoods or just our bedroom. But if you're not ready for that it's fine but can I ask why not?" She said and I sighed.

"Because when we were younger when I was in high school I played softball and you know the stereotype behind that. Well, my dad had understood it and made me stop because of it." I said sitting up on the bed.

"Your dad was homophobic?" She said gently looking at me intently but I couldn't look back.

"I always assumed so he was very old fashioned. The guy would go to work and made all the money while the women stayed home and looked after the kids and cleaned the house. I just- telling them in the house my dad had left for us feels wrong." I told her and she made me catch her gaze.

"You know I will never force you to do something you don't want to right? But your siblings and your dad can have very different views. If you don't feel comfortable, That's fine, but I'm not going to sit here and let you keep this from your family because I care about you. Keeping this from them will only push them away. They're your big brother and big sister they'll love and care about you no matter what." She said 

"How do you know?" I asked and she just smiled.

"Because the same way they treat you is the same way Kane and I treat Emery. But it's whenever you're ready." She said.

"Tonight over dinner," I told her and she seemed shocked by how soon it was.

"Really?" She said and I nodded and went over to kiss her. "Alright let's go to the store and pick up some stuff