Chapter Thirteen

Emery POV

Today is the day we are leaving. I've gotten so used to being around everyone that it didn't feel right leaving.

"When we visit Danielle in Georgia you'll play with me right?" Sophie asked as I packed up my stuff and I just laughed.

"Of course I'm always done to play with you," I told her and smiled.

"You'll never get too old to play with me?" She asked seriously. I guess it's because she's the youngest and doesn't have any cousins around her age.

"Maybe you'll be too old to play with me," I told her.

"I'll never be too old play." She said which made me laugh. "I'm going to miss you." 

"Don't worry I'm pretty sure when we go to California Danielle will be staying with us so I'll see you.  And when we go back to film on set I'll still be with Danielle."I told her

"And I'll see you for Aunt Troian's gender reveal party and the baby shower." She said and I nodded.

"See you'll see me in a few months," I told her.

-

We were all driving to the airport and it was a bitter moment. None of us really wanting to go back to our old lives.

"Who said we have to leave again?" Chris said.

"Well, people have jobs to go back to Chris," Scarlette said and she wasn't wrong. Troian had a screenplay to direct, Danielle and Kaylee had press stuff for Legacies cause we got word of season 2 being renewed and they also had some pick-up scenes that they missed because of our impromptu trip.

"It's kinda sad that it took dad's death to bring us all together again," Troian said.

"Yeah but also we know that life is short so when we do we will cherish it. I won't take the little moments like this for granted." Danielle said. This is how a real family should be not my crappy dysfunctional one.

"Plus we gained 2 honorary members of the Evans family," Chris said looking at me and Kaylee and all we did was a smile.

"Really don't want to leave," I said and Keegan gave me a side hug.

"We will see you guys soon promise." He said.

"I really wish my dad would have been able to meet you," Danielle said to Kaylee.

"Get a room you 2 we will be in this car for a few more hours." I said and they all laughed.