Chapter Eight

Emery POV

It was the next day and Kaylee woke up and her energy was just off. Like she had so much to say but so little all at once. It's hard to see someone who is the closest thing to a mom but not.

"You know you can talk to me right," I told her. We had both just woken up and we were getting ready I was changing and she was doing her makeup.

"Aren't I supposed to be the one that tells you that." She said putting mascara on.

"Yeah, now it's my turn to return the favor. Seriously Kales talk to me." I said and I visibly saw her shiver.

"You should know better than to call me that ever." She said. Kaylee hates nicknames. The only one she tolerates in Kay but that's about it, she tries to get people to call her KB but never ends well.

"My bad," I said and there was a knock at our door. "Come in!" I said hoping it was Danielle but I guys I can keep hoping cause it was Sophie

"The boys made breakfast not sure if it's the best but mom wanted me to tell you." She said. I put socks on and Kaylee and I headed downstairs for breakfast.

-

It wasn't the best bacon slightly burnt and the pancakes were undercooked and the eggs had little to no salt. The only good thing was toast.

"Yeah I think I like it more when Emery and Kaylee made breakfast," Danielle said putting away her slightly eaten food. Kaylee and I didn't want to be rude and no finish it but Danielle took our plates anyway. "You don't have to torture yourselves."

"Let's just eat some cereal," Troian said.

"It wasn't that bad," Keegan argued stuffing the pancake in his mouth and almost choking in the process. 

"Come on Keegs you know it's bad don't lie," Scarlett said.

"Well last time we try to do something nice," Chris said.

"You should have just ordered it and pretended that you cooked it just like mothers day," Sophie said and Scarlett looked like this was new information.

"Soph that was supposed to be our little secret," Chris said. Danielle came over and whispered something in Kaylee's and then Kaylee nodded.

"Hey we're gonna go for a walk text us when you figure out what you guys wanna do today," Danielle said and they got up and headed out.

"EMery wanna play with me?" She asked and I nodded.

"Sure why not." I said and we ran off.