Chapter Seven

Emery Pov

It was after the lake and dinner and Kaylee and I were talking.

"You can't tell anyone what you saw." She told me

"Really cause I already told Troian and Keegan." I said and her eyes went wide. "I'm kidding. I understand this isn't something either of you are completely comfortable with so I don't expect you both to be completely normal afterwards." I said.

"Yeah but Danielle hasn't spoken a word to me since you walked in." She said and looked sad. 

"I'm sorry." I said. I messed things up I should knocked.

"It's not your fault. I'm sure we'll talk through this soon." She said and Danielle walked in.

"Well I'll leave you 2 to it." I said and started to leave.

"Actually do you think we could switch roommates for the night. You sleep here and I'll sleep with Sophie?" Danielle asked me I looked at Kaylee and seen sadness in her eyes.

"Um yeah let me just grab my things." I said and went to grab my pillow and blanket. Danielle and I passed in the hallway when I came back Kaylee was in the bathroom. "Kaylee. Are you okay?" I asked. I heard sniffling and then the water running. 

"Yeah I'm fine i'm getting ready for bed." She said it was a total lie but I got into bed anyways. That night I let Kaylee hold me tighter than usual. Uncomfortable for me but I know she needed it.

-

The next morning the first thing I did was get Danielle alone. I hate seeing my sister upset.

"You know ignoring it won't solve your problems." I told her. She was in me and Sophie's room but Sophie was outside with Keegan and Troian.

"I don't know what your talking about." She said.

"Kaylee was crying last night because she thinks she screwed up your friendship." I said

"That's not it I'm just confused." She said.

"Look I know my sister. I know when she's annoyed, mad sad, anxious even when she acts likes shes not. Point is I know her like the back of my own hand and since she met you she has had a crush on you. Might not have said out loud ever to anyone even herself. So please just don't hurt my sister okay. Talk to her if it was a heat of the moment thing and didn't mean anything to you. Tell her and let her down slowly just don't hurt my sister alright." I said and she nodded.

I really hope it wasn't some heat of the moment lets just try it and see what happens.