Wait for me, I'm coming

Ho man.

Hooooo man, you guys.

Hadestown.

I'm basically just rewriting R&J at this point.

Enjoy. 

♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤♤

~ Friar Laurence's PoV ~

It had been five days, and the young Capulet's illness had yet to disappear. She'd been here at my cottage for the last three due to the intensity of her symptoms. I worried for the health of others in her home if she stayed there.

"F-Friar?" I heard a faint call from the room I'd designated as hers.

"Yes, my child?"

"I'm cold..."

Juliet's favorite activity as of late was to be wrapped in a bundle of blankets next to the fire on a summer day, but her fever was through the roof.

"I know, my dear, but I can't let your temperature grow any higher, or you may die. I am truly sorry," I explained, placing a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Is there any word when Romeo will be back?" she asked. Again.

"Not yet."

~ Time skip brought to you by Chant ~

"Juliet?"

"Come in."

It concerned me how weak her voice had become. Each word seemed to strain her throat and tongue so much that I feared they'd crack.

"I need to tell you something, my child..."

The sick girl turned towards me, revealing her hallowed cheeks and unhealthily pale skin. She had dark bags under her eyes due to her insomnia and constant temperature changes. She was shivering even now, in the blaring heat of a Verona summer.

"I'm ready, Friar. I believe I know what you're going to tell me and I wish for you to say it," she deadpanned.

"Are you certain you want to hear it?"

"Yes."

I took a deep, shaky breath.

"Very well... Miss Capulet, you don't have much time left. I give you ten days at best."

Juliet nodded sullenly. She didn't cry. She didn't scream. She hardly looked afraid.

That worried me more than anything else.

~ Time skip brought to you by Hey Little Songbird ~

Two days later, Juliet was distraught.

Four days later, Juliet was worried.

Six days later, Juliet was stressed.

Nine days later, Juliet was panicking.

The one thing she said she needed to do before she went was to see her lover's face again. Her family had all said their goodbyes (some more tearfully than others), and Tybalt had offered to stay with her, but she refused. I was unsure whether that was because she didn't want him to get sick or because she wanted Romeo to be the last face she saw.

Of course, that was the one thing I couldn't guarantee.

Romeo left several months before her illness had begun, and no one quite knew why. There were only rumors. Some believed, optimistically, that he'd left to find his fortune somewhere so he and Juliet could live a comfortable life on their own terms. Others considered the possibility that he had found another woman and forgotten about Juliet. As much as I tried to convince myself this was not the case, I had no proof.