Chapter 8- The apology

'Excuse me, I have come to pick up my daughter' said I to the watchman who had already shut the gates of the school. I hadn't got any bus or auto today and hence I was 45 minutes late. Aarohi would be fuming as I had made her wait for this long. He gradually stood up without a panic and opened the gate. As soon as he opened it, I rushed in without wasting a single second but to my surprise I couldn't find her anywhere. I looked all around but she was nowhere.

As I wondered where she could be, a sudden sound of violin struck my ears. It was melodious and really mesmerizing but I wasn't in the mood to relish it. Aarohi's absence was fretting me. While I was lost in my thoughts, a feminine voice abruptly called out for me.

'What do you want ma'am?' asked she. I deduced her to be the sweeper of the school as she carried a broom stick in her hand. She might have seen Aarohi and hence I decided to get her help.

'Have you seen a little kid passing by?' asked I, she straight away pointed towards the auditorium.

'Thank you,' said I and rushed against the wind. I was just hoping that she was fine and was terrified. But as soon as I reached there, I stood surprised. Aarohi was learning to play the violin, and the person who was teaching her was the same guy whom I was longing to meet. I let out a huge sigh and kept viewing them from a distance.

This is the right opportunity to apologize, I thought to myself, there was no one in the auditorium and I would not disturb him as well.

I walked inside without making any sound; he was so into teaching Aarohi that he didn't notice me. In fact it was the first time that I had noticed him completely. Every time we met, there was some or the other argument between us which led to a clash. But today, the situation was different. We weren't arguing or fighting and I had got an opportunity to scan him completely.

He was a fair tall man, dressed formally, clean shaved and perfectly combed hair. He wore square framed specs and his hair was a mix of blonde and black. There was a bracelet in his left hand and a branded golden watch in his right. The beauty amongst all was the smile on his face which dug holes on both his cheeks. Put across in a word, he was a young charming man who could rule any girl's heart.

Enough of staring Netra, my inner voice intervened as I quickly looked away from him.

'That's it, Aarohi plays really good music' said he and applauded for her. She jumped in joy and seemed very excited. I had never seen her play music so vividly. It sounded so soothing and heavenly.

'I just hope I am not disturbing anyone' I interrupted. Viren stood stunned seeing me there whereas Aarohi ran towards me to give me a tight hug.

'Mumma, I learned to play the violin today.' she said. A unique sort of excitement flickered in her tone, 'That sir taught me' she pointed towards him while he looked elsewhere. I guess he was still angry on me for my rude behavior.

'I am sorry; I didn't know that she was your daughter. She came all the way to this auditorium and seemed interested in playing the violin. So I taught her,' he said without facing me and quickly started packing his belongings.

'Yes Mumma, I was waiting for you but in the meantime I heard some sound coming from this room. Hence I came running to see what it was,' said she but before she could complete I interrupted.

'It's okay; you don't have to explain me anything. I really didn't mind you coming here and learning from this sir. He is a gentleman, in fact I am here to apologize to him' said I looking at him.

He ignored me and went on 'I won't mind teaching you every day, if your mom permits and...' a sudden pause before he spoke the next word. 'I don't need any apologies' he drawled.