Chapter 9- The unexpecxted date

'Mumma Champak stories,' Aarohi handed me the Champak magazine. I was busily correcting the unit test papers.

'Not today beta, Mumma has a lot of work. Please sleep,' I said, she refused to listen.

'Okay fine, but only one story' I warned her, she nodded her head speedily and lay on my lap.

As I was about to begin, the door bell rang.

'I am sure this is Anuya, who else can knock my house at late nights' I murmured, and opened the door.

'Hello Netra' I had guessed it right, it was her.

'Hello' I greeted back. She entered, and I shut the door.

'Hey princess how was your first day in school?' asked she, Aarohi gave joyous smile.

'She seems quite happy, didn't she cry?'

'No, she didn't. In fact, she didn't even miss me; she got a new friend there.' said I

'New friend? Who is that?'

'Viren, she has been talking about him since afternoon. You know, she hasn't even narrated me her first day yet' I said, Anuya's eyes widened.

'Is this true Aarohi?' asked she

'Yes, Vir is very good. He taught me how to play violin and I had so much fun with him'

'Violin? Viren is not a kid of her age?' asked Anuya baffled with Aarohi's reply.

'Not at all, Viren is the music teacher of that school, and the one with whom I entered into an argument. I told you the other day, didn't I?' said I, a smile knocked over my face.

'Oh yes, but Netra I think you should be even more careful from now' said Anuya, leaving me in chaos.

'I didn't get you?'

'You can't trust someone just like that. I know, you spoke rudely to him but you have also apologized right?' asked she, I nodded gradually.

'So this is it, keep up the distance. Men are not worth trusting, and we have a good experience in that, don't we?' She had put me into thoughts, every word of hers was right. It felt like someone had just saved me from falling into a pit.

'You're right, how did I forget all that?' I murmured

'By the way, what else did he tell?'

'He asked me for a coffee,' I paused, Anuya stared in dismay.

'You agreed?'

'No, I told him that I have some work. He gave me his number, so that could give him my free date'

'Well done, this is a right move' she appreciated, and sat on the cot.

'Not yet done with the corrections?'

'No, a few more left and Aarohi wants me to tell her some bed time stories' I said, annoyed.

'No issues, I will tell her some stories today. You get your work completed' said she, reducing a little stress off my head.

'Thank you Anuya, you are a great support' said I, she hugged me and took Aarohi along with her.

--------------------------------------------------

The next day, I had requested Anuya to take care of Aarohi as I had some work in the bank. Fortunately, she was free and she agreed. I had to renew a few FD's which Saurabh had invested for me a year back and complete certain pension related formalities. So I started early, I had to get there before the crowd arrived as it was a weekend. The banks also worked for only half shift and I had to get a heck lot of work to be completed.