Chapter 29- Wedding called off?

'You mean to say that you are ready to cancel this wedding?' asked Anuya, her voice filled with excitement. I gestured her to remain silent as there were people around us. After all the dance performances we had come directly to the food section. I was very hungry and it was dinner time for Aarohi as well.

'I will speak to mom tomorrow and tell her that I am not ready, but don't you dare tell this to Viren.' I cautioned her as she stared in dismay.

'Why?' her eyebrow moved up.

'I want to tell him myself that I have cancelled the wedding. I want to see that joy in his face, and I won't let him leave this city as well.' said I, a confident smile on my face.

'What about his mom? She has warned you to stay away from him, right?' said she forcing me to rethink.

'You're right; I can't tell him that I have cancelled my wedding. If I tell him tomorrow and if he stays back then I would be breaking the promise that I made to his mom.' said I nervously.

Anuya kept thinking of a way out and so did I.

'Mumma, why are you marrying that tall uncle?' interrupted Aarohi as we were lost in our thoughts.

I didn't have the answer for her question, hence I remained mum. I didn't know how to tell her what I was being through.

'Why Aarohi doesn't like him?' asked Anuya, as I wondered how to stop this wedding.

'No, we all were so happy together before. Me, Mumma, you and Vir.....' as soon as she ended Viren popped in.

'Exactly, I tried to tell your mom but she doesn't want to understand' said he, our eyes staring at one another's.

'Then I have an idea,' she paused and we all looked at her. 'Mom wants to marry, right?' asked she, Viren and Anuya nodded their hands. 'Then why don't you marry her Vir..?'

Her question shook me; she was speaking as if she knew everything that was happening here. I gazed at her in dismay while both Viren and Anuya were staring at me.

'I am tired explaining your mom. I hope she understands her mistake before it gets too late' said he and left annoyed.

'What happened to Vir now?' asked she, stunned with his reaction.

'Nothing beta, actually mumma and Vir fought with each other. Hence they are angry and are not talking to one another' said she.

'Oh, now I get it. Don't worry mumma I will get Vir back to you' said she and ran away. I closed my eyes and faced downwards.

'Netra, it's high time. You got to speak to your mom soon' said Anuya, and walked off leaving me alone in the dinner area.

She's right; I need to talk to mom tomorrow at any cost. I shouldn't have taken such a big decision in a rush. Nevertheless, the mistake is done but now it's time to rectify, I thought to myself and quickly washed my hands.

--------------------------------------------------------

'God these jewels are so heavy' I murmured to myself and removed them. After the dinner, both the families departed to their respective homes. Mom requested me to stay in their house but I denied and came back to my house. I didn't like staying there, in between fake people and those who judge others. Hence I walked off from there with Aarohi.

'I will help you out' he whispered and gently removed my necklace. Viren and Anuya were also here and since we entered Anuya was eating my head. She wanted me to stop this wedding anyhow, but it was not that easy. I had to be ready for their questions, whereas Viren had not uttered a word after Aarohi's question.