Chapter 11- Her teribble past

'Viren, I think you should join us for lunch' said Anuya as soon as we got down.

'Yes, you can join us' said I, he seemed hesitant at first but then agreed. We decided to do our lunch together in my house.

'Don't mind Mr. Singhania, but our houses are too small. Not even one fourth of yours,' said Anuya. I stared and was annoyed by her statement.

'It's okay, in fact I love this house' said he entering my house.

'I will serve you guys, just wash your hands and sit down' said I and walked into the kitchen. I always cook food for lunch and then go to school; hence it was never a problem. I always had abundant food in my house. I quickly washed the plates, and started to serve them.

As I was about to serve Viren, he held my hand 'Join us' said he.

'I am not hungry now, I will serve you guys and then eat' said I, but he insisted me to sit along with him.

'Aarohi loves Roti, doesn't she?' asked Anuya, she nodded and continued munching.

'How's the food? Is it ok?' asked I doubtfully, he paused for a minute and kept gazing at me.

'It's delicious, and I just love every bite of it' said he leaving me blushing.

As soon as we finished our lunch, Anuya started to her house and Viren was about to start.

'Thank you for the wonderful feast, see you later' said he. I waved him as he walked out of the house and kept the door ajar. I was wondering of Aarohi's whereabouts, she was missing for a while now.

'Mumma.....' she shouted from behind thus scaring me off.

'Aarohi, what is all this?' asked I, she kept a sad face which never failed to melt my heart.

'Okay fine, now what do you want?' I folded my hands, she smiled.

'Mom, I want to play with my friends now'

I thought for a while and then agreed on a condition that she had to return home before the sky darkens. She nodded and started gathering a few of her toys.

'By the way what happened at school today? Did your teacher teach you something?' asked I

'Yes, a rhyme which I knew already' she smiled and suddenly hit her head.

'What?' asked I, shocked with her reaction.

'I forgot to tell you that teacher has given me a diary and you have to fill the first page of that diary. She has also told that both parent's sign should be there.' said she, leaving me baffled and hurried out of the house. As soon as she left I took her diary and read the first few headings.

'Name.......Address.....Phone number.....Father's name....' as soon as I spotted the word father's I went into a dilemma of what would I fill there.

If I leave that place blank, then eventually the teacher would question Aarohi and she will in turn ask me. I can't answer her questions, thought I, and sat traumatized when suddenly Viren entered.

After seeing him, I instantly tried to act normal.

'What happened?' asked I, he stood staring at me as if he had listened to my conversation.

'Viren,' I called him, and he came back to normal.

'Are you upset regarding something? I am sorry, I noticed that you were in some kind of a confusion.' said he.

How did he find out that I was worried? I wondered.

'Nothing like that, I am fine' said I but he wasn't convinced.