Chapter 19 - The wedding drama

Time: 8 am

Location: Sagar Mandap

'Anuya, just make sure that you collect the milk from my milk box everyday and if any letters.....' before I could complete she interrupted.

'I will take care of everything, and I will collect it from the postman as well. Do you have anything else to say?' asked she sarcastically.

'That's it, thank you' said I and hung up.

I had just entered the mandap and stood stunned seeing the decorations; everything was just so classy and seemed expensive as well. Dressed in the only designer red saree that I had, I still portrayed a simple look when compared to the other guests. The bride was flaunting in her gown and so was the groom. There was happiness everywhere but I was worried thinking about Viren's promise. I was just praying that he shouldn't come here.

'Netra putar....' called out someone as I was lost in my thoughts. I spontaneously turned, it was my maternal grandmother. She was the sweetest person you would have ever met, and she loved me a lot unlike my family.

'Hello Nani' I hugged her tight, tears rolled out of my eyes. It was long time since I last met her.

'How are you? You have lost so much of weight, don't you eat properly?' she gently caressed my hair.

'I missed you so much Nani' said I

'I missed you too, and what is this?' she wiped the tears off my eyes 'Why are you crying?' asked she

'They are the tears of joy,' I smiled.

'Where is Aarohi?' asked she, I looked around and finally spotted her with Aarav.

'Aarohi....' I shouted aloud and she came running to me.

'Look who's here?' said I as she gradually turned.

'Big Nani' she hugged her instantly. Aarohi loved her the most and used to always call her Big Nani, well don't ask me the reason behind it because I don't know. Maybe, that's her style of calling her.

'My little munchkin has become so tall' said she and took her along with her. In the meantime, I had a little chit chat with my Mama i.e my mother's brother.

'Looks like you have finally settled in life?' asked he, I nodded pleasantly.

'It was tuff, but I had to move on for Aarohi. She's my responsibility' I gasped.

He placed his hand on my head. 'God bless you with loads of happiness Netra'

I smiled,

'I heard that you stay alone with Aarohi?' interrupted his wife.

'Yes, I stay alone for travelling ease.' said I. They definitely weren't aware of what had happened with me, and hence I wanted to keep it private. I didn't want to create a fuss, especially in such a happy environment.

'Where's Aarohi?' asked she desperately.

'Nani took her along'

'She was so desperate to meet her, and so were we' we exchanged smiles when suddenly I spotted something shocking. My entire family was up there for the group picture but I wasn't even called. It wasn't something new, but at least they could have sent me a word. I felt humiliated; I was wondering what my relatives would be thinking.

That's it Netra, its better you leave this place, my inner voice interrupted and as I was about to leave one of my mother's sister stopped me.