Chapter 30- Please don't go

On my way to the airport I called Anuya and told her everything that happened at home. She was stunned as well with my mom's words. But more than that, she was happy because I listened to my heart. I also told her that I was heading to the airport straight away to meet Viren. She sounded thrilled, and not only that I also sent a message to Viren asking him to wait outside the airport for me.

'Bhaiya, stop here,' I said and got down. I looked all around for Viren but couldn't find him, hence I texted him.

'Where are you?' sent I

'Near the black santro car,' replied he.

I quickly looked out for the black santro car and found it behind me.

'I found it, wait right there' sent I and hurried towards the car.

There he was standing with his luggage in a black t-shirt and blue jean. I waved him while he waved me back.

I looked around hesitant to start the conversation,

'What is the bride doing in the airport? You changed your mind is it?' asked he, my jaws dropped wide.

How did he know that I changed my mind? I wondered and smiled.

'Ye.......' Before I could complete his mom interfered.

'Why will she cancel her wedding? Rohit is such a good guy, a gentleman and he also earns well. What else does a middle class girl need?' asked she. I wasn't expecting her presence there.

'No ma, she won't ask me to wait if there's nothing urgent. What is it?' asked he.

How do I tell you Viren that I called off my wedding? I thought to myself and instantly hugged him tight.

Viren's mom was staring at us.

'Please don't leave me alone' whispered I, he hugged me back tightly.

'Do I have a reason to stay back?' asked he, leaving me out of words. There was a reason but I couldn't tell it to him because of that promise and her presence. I slowly released him from that hug and kept gazing.

The time was 9 am and there was only an hour left for his flight.

'Viren.....I.....' before I could say another word, the flight announcement was made.

Passengers travelling to Ahmadabad via Air India Al 407 are requested to assemble at gate no: 3

'Viren, it's time for our flight' said his mom, while he looked at me.

'I need to go' said he, I gave an unpleasant smile and shook my head. 'Shall I?' he bent closer to my face. I nodded my head horizontally.

'I have to go Netra, and I will miss you a lot' said he and gave me a quick kiss on my forehead.

'Don't go, please' whispered I, tears were flooding out of my eyes.

He wiped off those tears, 'Don't stop me, I am sorry.' said he and hugged me tightly. My toes were floating on the air.

'I love you so much,' I sobbed, while he quickly kissed me on my neck.

'I will love you always' said he and placed me on the ground. We slowly detached each other from the hug.

'We're getting late Viren' his mom dragged him along while I stood still seeing him go away from me.

I could have broken the promise and told him but I couldn't. I just couldn't. After so much of difficulty he was finally trying to move on. I didn't have the courage to tell him the truth and took my step back.

----------------------------------------------------

'Netra, will you tell me something? Why are you crying?' asked Anuya. It was ten minutes since I entered home and had been crying since then. Throughout my way, I controlled my tears a lot but not anymore. He left in front of me and I failed to stop him and tell him that I had cancelled my wedding.

'I lost him forever' I cried aloud as Anuya kept consoling me.

'What are you saying Netra? Didn't you tell him that you cancelled the wedding?' she asked, I turned to her.

'I couldn't tell him, his mom was right there. She was staring at me, I failed to tell him' I cried harder while Anuya held me around her arms.

'Netra, please control yourself. We will call him tomorrow and tell him everything' said she.

'No, I can't.' said I, Anuya stared shockingly. 'Our love story doesn't have any future so it is better that he moves on in his life. Even if I tell him about this, his mom will never agree to this marriage and neither will my mom. It's waste of time Anuya, this is written in my head and I have to go with it. But I am glad that I fell in love with him, and I will always love him. He gave me the two best years of my life which I would relish throughout my life.' I wept. She was out of words and kept consoling me.

--------------------------------------------------------

Present day,

'I feel so bad for you Netra,' said I as a tear rolled down her eyes. 'It is shocking to know that such type of pure love still exists'

She wiped off that tear from her cheeks. 'I am so fortunate that I fell in love with him, and after our separation I was completely broken. I didn't have to stamina to call him and neither to listen to his voice. I feared from spitting out the truth.'

'But why, you should have tried once and told him. I understand you had promised his mother but you should have tried once' said I

'It's easy to say but tuff to do. I also felt that day that I would tell him everything, I went with a lot of hope but couldn't render to my hope. I failed to stop him.' she ran her fingers around the coffee cup's edge.

'Then how did you land up here?' asked I, 'All this happened in Bihar, right?'

'Yes, but after he left I was totally shattered. I couldn't concentrate on my work and on Aarohi. Everything around me forced me to think about him, every corner of my house had at least a memory of him. I was feeling suffocated and hence I decided to leave the city. I wanted to go away from everyone, and that's when I decided to shift to Gwalior. I had a friend of mine who was working here in an IT firm. I asked her help and she found a school for me and Aarohi. From then on I stay here, it's almost six months since I shifted.' said she

'And what about Anuya?' asked I

'She is still working in the same school; we talk daily over the phone and meet in weekends. She comes to Gwalior' said she, I nodded gradually.

'You mentioned about the music academy inauguration, right? What happened? Did it get inaugurated, did you meet Viren there?' asked I anxiously, her face instantly turned pale.

'The inauguration is tomorrow, and I don't have the courage to face him. How will he react when he comes to know that I hid such a big truth from him? The truth that I am not married' said she, I instantly placed my hand above hers.

'At least go and meet him, you said it's been months since you spoke to him, right?' asked I, she nodded. 'I am sure he would be dying to meet you Netra. Just meet him and tell him everything this time' said I, a ray of hope glowed in her eyes.

'I think you are right, I should go there and meet him. It's been so long and by this way I can tell him the truth' said she, I smiled.

'Now it's 1pm and the next train to Patna is by 5pm. Catch that train and you will easily reach by tomorrow morning' said I, she instantly thanked me and we hugged each other.

'I will take a leave now, it's high time to sort out all the mess which was created' she said to herself and started.

'Netra...' I called her, she turned instantly.

'Do tell me what happened after you return, I need to complete the story' said I, she smiled and hurried out of the café.