Chapter 8

Alex's P.O.V

Elena, Jenna, and I were sitting on the ground. Jenna was clutching at her head, and I was trying to comfort her along with Elena. I know how hard it is to go through all this. "Oh, my head. What's wrong with me?" Jenna asked.

"Do you remember what happened?" I asked her.

"You called me, Elena. You were so scared - Oh, ah, - I should have realized that it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me. A vampire," Jenna explained, and I looked down.

"Klaus. It was Klaus," Elena said.

"He made me drink his blood. And I don't...I don't remember anything after that." Jenna looked around, anxious. "Where are we? What happened?" She asked me, and Elena took Jenna's hands into her own.

"We're at the quarry. Klaus brought us here," I answered.

"Why don't I remember anything?" Jenna asked.

"Jenna, do you remember...When I told you how someone becomes a vampire?" Elena said, trying to break it to her quickly.

"Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system, it's..." She began to realize what had happened to her. "Oh, god. He killed me," Jenna said, and I placed my hands on her shoulders, so she looked at me.

"Jenna, listen to me. Everything's going to be ok," I said to her.

"I'm a vampire?" She asked me, and I nodded.

"And I bet you're hungry," Greta said. Can't she go somewhere else and be quiet.

Greta approached us, and we look up at her. Elena saw a sharp rock nearby and rushed to grab it, but, with a wave of her hand, Greta sends Elena flying backward. I go after Greta, and she starts to cast a spell on me. I fell to the ground and looked up at her.

"What are you doing?" I managed to ask her.

"Slowing down your healing process, so what should take a few minutes to heal takes thirty," She explained then sent me flying towards a big rock, and I felt my head hit against it before everything went black.

~

I woke up to hear Greta chanting a spell. Looking up, I saw Klaus holding a heart over the ceremonial bowl that was on fire, squeezing the blood into the flames. "Does that mean it's working?" Klaus asked her.

"It's working," She confirmed.

"Ow!" I groaned and held my forehead as I leaned up against the rock behind me. There was a cut, but it wasn't healing. Screw that damn spell. Though now that I'm thinking about it, the wound should have healed before I woke up. What the fuck is happening to me?

Klaus looked at me and walked over. He placed his hand on my arm as he bent down, and I looked at him. Klaus removed my hand from my forehead and kept eye contact with me. He seemed angry that I was hurt and turned my head to the side to see the cut. When he glossed his thumb over it, I winced in pain. He realized I wasn't healing, and the look in his eye told me he knew why, but for now, he looked protective over me.

"Are you ok?" He asked irritated, and I nodded telling him I was. "I told you not to hurt her!" He yelled at Greta, but she doesn't look at him.

I looked over to the rings of fire where Elena watched me, Klaus, and Greta in the distance. Jenna looked up at her, eyes glistening with tears. I listened as Jenna told Elena what looked like a story. They started crying, and I felt as if someone had wrapped me in a blanket of sadness.

"Are you ok?" Klaus asked again and I tilted my head to the side, so we made eye contact. I had realized he was still bent down in front of me. By this point, I was angry, and I couldn't move because I realized I sprained my ankle, so I looked away from him.