Chapter 15: The First, The Last, and Everything in Between

Alex's P.O.V (the 1920's)

Dearest Brother,

I have arrived safely in Chicago; I will be staying at 436 Poplar Drive, 60607 Chicago Illinois for future reference or if you need to contact me urgently. Not debarked from my compartment for half of an hour and I have heard tales of mysterious murders and killings, the police are in a state of panic. They are affront with rumors of beasts in the night and of the Italians bathing in the blood of the enemies they felled; I fear it's much worse than we thought. Rumors must have been dismissed before they reached our ears, while I think I can contact him myself, beware a call. It might take the two of us to subdue him. I hope that situation does not occur, but nightmares have descended upon this city. Our brother has become probation.

Eternally yours,

Alexandra Salvatore

1920, November 5, 20:23

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had just walked into the witch Gloria's bar to meet up with Emily and Richard. The Brydanton siblings. I only got to Chicago last night after losing a bet with Damon and having to check on my psycho of a little brother as a punishment. To think something as simple as cards could cause such disruption in one's life. I knew Emily and Richard lived here so I was happy when they allowed me to stay with them as I stayed in town. Why ten years had passed so quickly it was as if no time had passed at all. A quick telegram was all it took to reconnect with them. We agreed to meet up for drinks and catch up.

I leaned against the railing as I looked around the bar. People were dancing and drinking, unaware of the demons that partied around them. I had stopped looking around when I spotted Stefan sitting with a blonde-haired woman and another blonde man across from him, though I couldn't see his face. I smirked before making my way over to his table. Stefan had his arm over the girl's shoulders and happened to look up and see me walking towards him as the man spoke. The gape he wore was truly the epitome of surprise.

"Enlighten me. What makes you worthy of an Original like my sister?" He asked him, but Stefan's eyes were only watching me. Now that was an interesting comment to make. An original? Why I hadn't heard that term in nearly a century when Sage last spoke to me. From what I can recall they were the most powerful and dangerous vampires in the world and people you did not want to make an enemy of. He placed his drink down before giving me a tight smile.

"Well, in all fairness there is nothing worthy about Stefan when he's like this. You should meet him when he's a blue nose. That Stefan is worthy of song, but in all fairness, my brother is loyal and would never dishonor you. So overall I would say he is a fine catch. " I said and both the woman and the man turned to me. They had a sibling look about them, the same coloring and cheekbones. Oh, how I wished my siblings and I looked alike. I looked at the man as he stared back at me with appreciation. He had deep blue eyes and short dirty blonde hair, though it was slicked back.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asked me, and I placed a hand on my chest.

"Brother dear you wound me," I said dramatically. "But if you want the nitty-gritty, I lost a bet with Damon."

"What bet?" He asked, and I shrugged.

"Does it matter? I'm here now and Damon is not. Truthfully which of us would you have preferred?" I asked him and he just brought his drink to his lips as a response. I looked at the woman and man at the booth with my brother. I cleared my throat which caused Stefan to look back at me. "Aren't you going to introduce me?"

"Well, sister, this is Rebekah and her elder brother Klaus," Stefan said, and I smiled at them. I noticed there was an empty spot next to Klaus and smiled at him to see he was still staring.