Chapter 48

Alex's P.O.V

~In New Orleans, Night Time~

We took a two-hour flight to New Orleans, and as we sat on the plane, I thought about the 1940s. After I had found Lexi in 1922 and sent her in Stefan's direction, I went to Europe with Emily and Richard. Joined up with the Italian Salvatore's and eventually took over the runnings of the vineyards. Back then I remember my memory being fuzzy whenever I thought back to 1920, but now I knew that was the cause of Klaus' compulsion. When the Great Depression happened in 1929, I started to send money back to Damon and Stefan so they could pay for the things they needed. But I moved back to America in 1937, five years before I joined World War 2.

My thoughts were cut short when we got in a cab for 25 minutes and ended up in the middle of the French Quarter. I looked around New Orleans as the music played and the people partied in the streets. Damon, Stefan, and I walked through the crowd, looking at our surroundings.

"Well, the city is the same. Just brighter," I said.

"Have either of you been back here since '42?" Damon asked, and I shook my head.

"Nope, not since I was shipped off to join the war effort and you didn't," Stefan said.

"Somebody had to entertain the ladies who had been left by their menfolk." Damon's cellphone chimes and he takes it out looking at it. "Hey, good news. Elena is at the house with the girls where she can't get in trouble. Bad news -- I think they got into the Dom. Told her to make herself at home," Damon explained.

Stefan and I are now facing Damon. "Yeah, you told her, so she does, right?" Stefan asked.

"Sire bond is not that literal, Stefan," Damon said, and I tuned out the rest of their conversation, but I could figure it out later. My phone started to buzz, and my brothers looked at me. "Your boyfriend?"

"Yeah, we got into a fight last night," I said to him.

"You know the number of times you two have fought could be a red flag that your relationship might not be working out as well as you thought." Damon mockingly said to me. I looked up from my phone as I squinted my eyes at him.

"Well, considering how you're in a relationship with the girl you like is all because of a sire bond, I wouldn't be talking." I snapped, and Damon was about to respond, but I stopped him. "You know what, I don't feel like hearing your advice on my love life, so I'm going to find the nearest bar, and you two can call me when it's time to leave." I then walked down the street as I answered Klaus' second call, considering how I missed the first one.

" Where are you? " Klaus asked me.

"Don't worry, I'm with my brothers," I replied and watched as a parade came down the road.

" Well, you're not at your house considering how I'm standing in your parlor room, " Klaus said. " So I'll ask again, where are you? "

"What does it matter to you? I thought you were too busy getting the cure for Elena so you could make your army of hybrids." I snapped.

" Love, you mean more to me than any hybrid, " Klaus said.

I laughed, "That's debatable at this point," I said. I was now standing in front of a compound while I watched the parade.

" Sweetheart- "

"Look, Klaus, why don't you call me back when you've decided between your obsession with making hybrid slaves and your girlfriend," I snapped and hung up the phone. I sighed as I watched the parade for a bit before walking away to find a bar.