Chapter 14

Alex's P.O.V

~In a Warehouse~

When we left the Smoky Mountains, Klaus wouldn't tell us where we were going next. We were riding in a blacked-out limo, while the car was comfortable, we still had no idea were we were going. Stefan kept asking, but he stayed silent until the car pulled into a warehouse. When the driver parked the vehicle, Klaus had put his phone, and I was debating whether I wanted to know what he was doing on his phone for the past 9 hours.

"Welcome back to Chicago," Klaus said to us as we got out of the car. He began to make his way over to a door as Stefan closed the car door behind him. Klaus opened the door to reveal a view of the city at night.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked him.

"Who cares? It's Chicago." I said to him all excited.

"I know how much you both loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus said to Stefan mainly. I walked up, and the truck headlights almost blinded me. But my eyes adjusted and I looked at the lit-up city behind them. I stood in between Stefan and Klaus as they talked.

"Blocked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan explained to him.

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." Klaus said.

"I came to Chicago in the '20s as well," I told them, and Stefan looked at me.

"You did?" Stefan asked me, and I nodded.

"Well, it was either Damon or me to check in on you. And the word was that the ripper of Monterey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for pleasure. It was Prohibition. Everything was off-limits then, which made everything so much fun." I said and looked at Stefan. "Plus I lost a bet," I added on afterward.

"You two bet on me?" Stefan questioned.

"When we heard about Monterey in the first place, we decided that you might need a suicide watch, but neither of us wanted to deal with you. Also, we tried to contact Lexi, but it didn't work, so Damon and I betted over you, and I lost." I explained.

"Chicago was magical," Klaus said changing the subject. Also, it had nothing, and I mean nothing to do with what we were talking about. Plus the conversation of Stefan trying to find out what Damon and I betted over would have gone on forever.

"Wait when were you here?" I asked Klaus, but he just looked at me and didn't answer. Asshole.

"Well, I'll take your guys words for it." Stefan turned around and started to walk back into the warehouse. "As I said, I don't remember most of it," Stefan said, and I thought about it as well. I don't remember a lot either.

"Ready to get down to business, then?" Klaus said shaking me out of my thoughts and I walked back inside as he closed the door.

"Why are we still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?" Stefan asked him, and I looked at Klaus.

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." Klaus told him, and the car driver opened up the door for Klaus. Stefan and I looked at each other, but neither one of us moved to get in the car.

"So, was I really that bad that you and Damon had to bet on me?" Stefan asked and rolled my eyes.

"Are we seriously having this conversation right now?" I asked him. "Yes, Damon and I bet on who would checked up on you, but you and I have done the same thing to Damon," I explained and Stefan didn't say anything more. Klaus looked out of the car to see us talking.