Chapter 17

Alex's P.O.V

I quickly glanced in Klaus's direction to see he was pacing back and forth outside the cabin. He had his hands behind his back, but when he was about to look back towards me, I ducked back down into my position before he saw me. Or at least I hoped he didn't see me.

"Why did you choose a cabin?" He asked me. "Why didn't you get a house or an apartment? Why a cabin?" I don't know, I just like cabins. "Maybe it's because you remembered me subconsciously." Why would you have anything to do with it? "Are you sure you remember everything from the 1920's?"

As he said those words, my head started to throb as more memories flashed through my head. "I do remember everything, but I bet you have never experienced memories begin shoved into your skull. I can't see your expression, but I can assume it's one of non-understanding." I yelled at him.

"So I'll fill you in, it sucks, it's like being hit inside the head with a shovel, and it scrambles your brain. I can't remember everything with perfect clarity, but yes it's all here, though it's a migraine to even think about and all those happy memories you have of us, I'm not too inclined to think about, so cut your bullshit and speak plainly." I touched my right temple when I felt like it was exploding with pain. "What are you trying to say? That you're the reason, I have a cabin? Get over yourself! You're not that important to me, Klaus. You are not the reason I get out of bed in the morning. You do not influence my decisions. You are a tyrant, and any decision I make is going to be against you!" I screamed at him with my voice cracking at the end.

"Everything you do is against me? Oh, it wasn't always that way, sweetheart. Fine, you want plain words. You won't like them but I'll give them to you. It all starts back in the '20s when you hung off me and savored every bit of attention I gave you." Klaus snidely said.

"Oh I loved you, gorgeous and wanting for attention, your family issues worse than mine, you were a whore, giving yourself out to any man who would spare you the least bit of attention. You acted all innocent, but really it wasn't that hard to see." Klaus yelled at me.

"Your brother, Stefan, saw it and well the ripper doesn't care for such a thing. But I bet if you go ask him now what he thinks of you, then he would have a very different story to tell. I think he would be grateful. I came into your life and you gave yourself to me entirely. I stopped you from seeking out the company of disgraceful men. Like that man from the first night, I saw you. Black hair and freckles and so close to your visage that it would be scandalous even now. He obviously meant something to you because he stuck around even after I entered your life." Was he talking about Richard?

"You see Alex, you may not want to remember me and the time we spent together, but I remember every glorious moment. Every dance, every glance, every heated moment that ended with you pressed against me in girly frilly pink lingerie. We were works of art together. And as much as you want to forget that, I will not. From the moment I laid eyes on the Crescent mark on your back, I knew who you were and what you were. And from that moment on, I worked to break this curse not just for me, but for both of us, because we were the same, we were meant to be together. So yes, when it came time for me and my sister to leave, my reintroduction in this era was not as it should have been, but I will not let these last vile few months ruin what we had, I will not let us become a lost era." Klaus told me as he began to speak back in his natural tone.

"Do you even hear yourself! We were meant to be together, what are we soulmates?!" I asked him. I stood in front of the gap that used to be my entryway. He raised his eyebrows when he saw me standing there. I didn't care at this point that he now knew where I was.

"I suppose you knew from the moment you laid eyes on me, oh wait no, you were too busy psychoanalyzing me from across the room! You want to talk about scandalous, let's talk about you watching me long enough to create some sort of profile. A wrong profile at that." I yelled at him. "For fuck sake...You can't just make shit up, Klaus! Or has no one ever told you that?" I asked him. "You want to go back to the 20s when I maybe loved you, well that's too goddamn bad. I don't love you now. And I will do my damn best to help my brothers bring you down. I mean if anyone should understand that, it would be you. Family first right? The Mikaelsons may have a pack of always and forever, but us Salvatore's have an unspoken bond that doesn't have us daggering each other for centuries on end. What we have will last us for eternity!"