Chapter 28

Alex's P

Alex's P.O.V (Outfit Above ^^^)

I woke up and got dressed before heading downstairs to the kitchen. I walked in and saw Stefan there with Damon as he drank his coffee. Damon seemed happy. Too happy. But my attention was refocused on Stefan when he slid a travel mug of coffee in my general direction. I walked up and looked at him suspiciously.

"Why are you here?" I asked him. "I thought you'd be guarding Klaus's coffins 24/7," I told him, and he smiled.

"Well, Bonnie told Elena, and Damon, that I was at the witch's house after Klaus almost killed Jeremy yesterday when they wouldn't tell him where I was. To which I explained to Damon and only Damon that's where the coffins were." Stefan explained and I looked at Damon.

"Is Jeremy ok?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Alaric pushed him out of the way of the car; sadly he got hit instead." I looked surprised. "But don't worry little sister, he was wearing his ring." I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. How did I miss all of this? "Then I compelled Jeremy to go to Denver, via Elena's request," Damon said.

"Ok, so what do you want Stefan?" I asked and turned to him.

"For us to leave," He said and stood up. "I told Bonnie we'd meet her at the witch's house in ten minutes." Stefan then walked out of the kitchen. I turned to Damon who was still grinning like a madman, and he just shrugged before following Stefan. I grabbed my coffee and followed after them. Today is going to be a long day.

~At the Witch's House~

We were walking toward the house when Stefan asked Damon, "You didn't tell Elena about the coffins did you?" I looked at Damon.

"No, I said I wouldn't tell anyone but Alex," Damon said, and I took a sip of my coffee.

"I know what you said," Stefan said to him.

"Then why are you asking?" My older brother asked.

"Because protecting the location of Klaus's family is my number one priority right now. And the fewer people who know, the better." Stefan explained and I felt a chill down my spine when we were a few feet from the door. I placed my hand on Damon's chest to stop him from walking, which causes Stefan to stay put. They looked at me confused.

"What?" Damon asked and I turned my head a bit.

"Someone's in the house," I whispered.

Damon and Stefan looked at each other. Damon sped inside, and Stefan waited by the door while I hid behind a pillar. A few moments later a hybrid walked out of the house and turned to see Stefan standing in front of him. Stefan locked his jaw, prepared to pounce as the baby hybrid vamps out. But I rip out the hybrid's heart before they start fighting each other. Damon sped up next to us as I took another sip of the coffee in my left hand.