KLANCE NIGHTMARES

Requested by:
Oof sorry my bad no one

Ps this is super long sorryyyy

Midday in the Castle of Lions, Keith was sound asleep in his cabin. His laced up knife laying on the bedside, ready to be used. He fumbled with his blankets, pulling them over his exposed chest, protecting it from the cold air. Despite the temperature, beads of sweat collected on his temples. His body shook slightly as a tremor of a nightmare split through him.

...
Darkness swelled around him, filling his lungs and suffocating him.

"Dad!"

He choked out. He blindly stumbled around inside the burning house, he felt the uncomfortable heat of open flames near him. He coughed violently, collapsing onto the ground, breathing deeply. He tried to take breaths of air but ash was all that came,

"Help-"

He pleaded as he lost conscience.

The scene shifted to a field, people were dressed in black. He noticed familiar faces, the orphanage manager was one. He shuddered, and watched as the casket was placed into the grave.

"Why didn't you stop him Keith?"

A voice asked, maybe it was his fathers. Maybe it was his own.
...

Keith sat up in his bed, his hand gripping his now unveiled knife. He looked around, sighing deeply. He threw his knife at the wall angrily, it landed nicely, slicing through the metal. He wiped the sweat and tears from his face and grabbed his shirt from the laundry basket.

Thats when he smelled the smoke. He stopped, midway from lacing up his boots, sniffing deeper. There it was, the faint smell of smoke. He finished putting in his shoes and tugged his knife from the wall, gripping it firmly.

As he rushed down the hall, the ashy smell becoming more prominent,

"Lance! Pidge!"

He shouted, turning the corner, no reponse.

"Hunk! Allura!"

He yelled louder,
His chest rose and fell quicker, the silence panicking him.

"Coran! Shiro!"

He began to sprint down the hall, skidding down corridors, until he heard voices.

"Well I didn't mean to! Sugar is easy to spill!"

"Exactly how much did you spill?"

Keith continued to run to the voices like they were the only thing in mind. Thats when he accidentally threw himself straight onto Lances chest, knocking him to the ground.

"Lance!"

Hunk exclaimed and looked at Keith, but before he could say anything, Lance was speaking.

"What the quiznak, man?!"

Keith looked around, he was in the kitchen, smoke was lightly streaming around the air, making it hazy. He looked up, Hunk had a washcloth in his hands, along with an apron. He looked down at an enraged Lance, who had a more stained apron on.

"...fire?"

Was all Keith could manage to say. He slid off of Lance as he scurried to his feet. Keith stayed on the ground, panting.

"Almost."

Hunk growled, looking at Lance.

"I got a little space sugar on the burner and it started to smoke. There. Thats all."