Eight 💦

Tyler sat on the edge of the pool not doing any of his work. He was holding his styrofoam cup in his hands. It dripped with chlorine as he held it.

The boy was becoming weak and he didn't notice it. He was too drowsy and very ill.

As he was about to pass out, Ned appeared.

"Tyler-"

"Huh?"

Tyler regained himself and saw Ned more clearly.

"What do you want?"

"Stay awake. Josh needs you."

Tyler scoffed.

"The chlorine is gonna kill me anyway."

"That's why you need to stop drinking it."

"Why?"

"Because it will hurt you even more. It's gonna make more damage."

"I'd rather die than suffer that."

"Tyler plea-"

"Tyler?"

Ned disappeared from Tyler's mind. Josh came to his side.

"What are you doing?"

Tyler looked up to Josh.

"I was taking a break."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah."

"But Tyler, we have a lot of work to do."

"I know. I can get up in a few minutes."

"I think you should get up now."

Josh tried to get Tyler up, but he pulled away.

"I want to take my break!"

"You've had enough breaks today!" Josh cried. "You need to go back to work!"

"NO!"

Tyler ran off into the streets and did not look back. Josh wanted to go after him, but it make things worse.

At first, he didn't know why he would act that way. Tyler was always normal, but then, things changed.

He would get sick, and depressed. He would lay around and cry for hours. He wouldn't go to work like he should.

Every time he would become ill, Josh would take care of him and nurse him back to health.

But now, he became really suspicious on why Tyler was acting worse than before.