Nine 💦

Tyler ran through the streets as far away as he could. He couldn't stop until he was near somewhere safe.

Filled with tears in his eyes, Tyler fell upon the road, sobbing into the concrete.

He was ruined, shaken, and unfixable. Nothing he could say or do would save him.

Until he heard his thoughts again.

"Why cry?" Ned asked. "Why cry when you know how to save yourself?"

"I can't save myself!" The boy shouted. "If Josh finds out what I'm doing, he'll kick me out of the house!"

"He doesn't want to see you like this."

"Of course he doesn't, but I'm still too late."

Ned came next to him.

"It's not too late. I can help you."

"How can you help me?"

"I don't know, but I will find a way."

Tyler became angry.

"You're a fucking fake!" Tyler yelled. "Why do you exist in my head when you don't know how to save me from dying?!"

"I said I can find a way!"

"No you won't!"

"Yes I can Tyler. You know I can."

"Let me tell you something Ned, you don't know a damn thing about me! Your just a creature from my imagination. You just came into my mind to give me words of encouragement but you know nothing about the problem! You don't know how to save me and you never will!"

Tyler took off running again, and he did not stop. Ned wanted to follow him but it would probably make things worse.

He kept on running and running, until he got very very weak.

He was so weak that he collapsed and passed out.

But at the wrong place.