Chapter Three (3).

We'd Be Something
We Both Need
———

I T W A S
more than two weeks since the mall incident. Aiko was still gone, nothing new. Adjusting to my new phone Ground Zero given me. I still had his contact to. Akemi was sick, that was new, but not trusting baby sitters or anyone other than Aiko was a hard decision, who would take care of Akemi? I needed money for food by next week, needed to get back to work.

Cough.

Turning my head towards the bedroom Akemi was stuffed into I got up tiredly to aid him. "You alright?" Throwing my phone on the bed I walked slowly to the sick little boy. He was cuddled up in Ground Zero blankets that this time was his, he insisted on me buying them once, saying we could share.

"Mommy." Akemi's small raspy voice called out.

"What is it?" Quickly seating myself to his side I tried to think of the reasons he'd say my name like that. did something hurt? Did he need to throw up? Just as he coughed a cough I was awfully familiar with I used my quirk to show the boy where to throw his insides. A bowl sat in front of him. Running circles around his small back I closed my eyes not wanting to see him throw up his udon soup from last night. Cleaning him up and feeding him medicine I was off into the bathroom.

My tired eyes sunk to my cheeks leaving my usual high and happy seeming face to look depressed and alone. Splashing water I let it soak in, the warm water gliding down my cheeks. Placing my hands on either side of the sink leaning in to take a better look at my tired face, or maybe it was my upset stomach? So much work. Akemi. Money. Clenching my fists I took a heavy breath, maybe I shouldn't have bought us clothes the other week, maybe I should've kept that money for food this week? Tugging on my hair in frustration all I needed was someone to help me, how could I do this completely alone?

Ring...ring...ring...

Turning the tap off swiftly I went back to my phone that was now being held by Akemi. His eyes shining like the stars in the night sky. "Ground Zero?!" A hopeful and sick-full Akemi says bouncing on his place on the bed.

I furrow my eyebrows confused about why Ground Zero would call me. So random. Snatching my phone from Akemi he pouts but doesn't fight knowing of his sick weaknesses. "Hello?"

"L/n, hey." His voice clear and deep. "Is Akemi Okay? He sounds sick." My eyes glance at the correctly sick boy. I bit my lip wondering if I should ask him to babysit for me. Would it be too much for him? I took a shaky breath, listen to his words first.

"He just has the cold, nothing huge." Finally answering I start to exit the bedroom closing the door slowly behind me. Seating my self in the living room's brown couch I close my eyes taking a moment of silence. "So what's up?" I start, I was all excited about speaking with Ground Zero but also anxious not wanting him to think I'm taking advantage cause he took care of my child once.

"You sure he's okay?" He pushes. I smile.

"I would be a horrible mother if he wasn't okay Ground Zero."

"Bakugo." He corrects. Why would I call him that?

"I have a question." Rubbing my neck I now feel my heart quicken. Should I explain why? No. He's rich he doesn't need to know if I'm broke or not. He does need to know why.