Chapter Fourteen (14).

Contemplation
———

I T  W A S
official after a few more weeks Denki was my boss and the old ogre was gone. I need a new job.

Rubbing my tired eyes from all the work he had given me over the past few days it was only adding to my stress, not completely sure of Denki's motives was he trying to annoying me? Get me back? Suck up to me to see Akemi? I wasn't sure- and I definitely wasn't happy about it. All he was doing was going on patrols or sitting in his office while I did most of his work he's responsible for. most of the sidekicks and old staff were fired- and as I was hoping I'd be along with them he kept me just to get under my skin. The only positive thing in this was my pay- it was almost triple what I was gaining before.

"Here's some more, I need these signed by tomorrow." Kaminari dropped a thick stack of papers before me.

"I can't do that. I have things to do outside of work like take care of my-" My eyebrow twitched clearly having no patience my fuse threatening to blow.

"Our." Denki attempts to correct.

"My- child. I don't have time to do your work. You should do it, that's the point of owning an agency is it not?" I explain staring into his yellow eyes challengingly. I was tired of his utter bs. The only way I can get through him was to put a strong and willed façade for now.

"And? You get at least double what everyone gets paid in this building." Denki leaned onto the table his palms against the brown hardwood. "I'm not threatening you but I need you to remember I'm his father- legally. I can pull a lawsuit against you, when you're the fourth-ranked hero you can do a lot of things." His lips were pulled in a straight line before walking off back into his office. He noticed my surprised expression, just what he had wanted. Was he really....going to do that? No...he has no proof! For anything! I'm an amazing mother.

My shaky hands pulled the papers close before stuffing them into my bag- since the new changes I needed to buy something to shove all his work in.

Setting down my h/c hair I grabbed my car keys for my favourite black Jeep and slowly walked to the car as the bag was being dragged behind me with its wheels.

"Did you see the new Ground Zero merch?" Two teenagers whispered to each other near the agency.

The other girl nodded excitedly. "I have it pre-ordered. He's the reason I'm going to U.A!" She clapped her hands together when the girl that originally asked the question her smile faded.

"I thought we were making fun of it?" Now both girls were bickering over their favourite pros, I assumed from the pieces of words I caught were Bakugo and Todoroki. I rub my forearm while a blush crept onto my cheeks, and I kissed the number two hero. Not everyone does that.

{Bakugo Katsuki} [Third POV]

[a few hours later]

Scratching his head aggressively he groaned seeing Urara had coloured on her wall the second time that week.

Skipping downstairs to grab a scrub to wash off the stains he paused at the class picture frame. Ochako convinced Katsuki to keep it up for memories, his eyes then landed on her soft brown ones that always seemed to brighten his day. He'll never forget the reason he married her, had a child- started a family. The way she was so tough and confident about everything. The way she'd grin to the cameras after a villain broke loose. Lifting his pale scarred arms up to it Bakugo ran a hand across where her figure was statued. "There's this girl..." He mumbled hoping Ochako was there.

"She reminds me of you." Grumbling Katsuki only just noticed how crazy he might have sounded. "It's dumb I'm talking to nothing but I know you're listening...Her name is Y/n if you didn't catch it before...I love you...a lot...but I think...I'm-damn...I think I'm falling for her and her son..." Roughly rubbing his hands together feeling cold from the autumn air in his home he closed his eyes. "We kissed....we got drunk...I'm not sure if more happened...I was drinking my feelings away...missing you." Finishing his walk towards the kitchen to grab the items to wash his daughter's mess he kept speaking. "But I guess I need to move on right? She's not a hero...but she said she was a huge fan...she has all my merch...as cringe as it sounds it's not too bad." Katsuki let out a snort remembering the time he came over to her house unannounced when he found her sleeping on the couch and entering her god of a room filled with all his merch possible. He may have snooped around but that's for another time.

"She really likes me back- I mean- I'm Bakugo fucking Katsuki who wouldn't?!" Placing his hands on his hips roughly he grinned to nothing particular. "Urara wants me to give a chance with Y/n.....so maybe I will? Urara really sees her as a mother— not that you weren't!" Katsuki fumbled on his words trying not to hurt the deceased wife's feelings. "And Akemi never had a father...he really sees me as one....it makes my heart do sappy shit like beat really fast when I see all of us together acting as a family— I don't like it...I mean, I do- but...fuck you Uraraka, making me all flustered..." Bakugo threw a middle finger up above his head before finishing his cleaning for the day off. It may have been only a month they spent together but it was certainly entertaining and interesting to fall for a woman like her.

His feet sat stretched before him on the king-sized bed his right thumb running over his wife's ID while the left hand held his phone securely. He thought about calling Y/n but backed down the moment he dialled her number shutting the phone off before it even got a chance to ring on her end. That had gone on for weeks, him always 'pussying' out last second.

"You've been staring at L/n's contact for the past ten minutes Katsuki." Behind him, a voice frowned obviously standing there for a while. Bakugo let out a scream surprised at the new voice not noticing his house had visitors. His shoulders slowly eased themselves seeing it was only Kirishima hand in hand with Urara.

"Daddy...can I see...her." Urara stuck her button lip out pouting hoping her father would oblige and hand over the card.

"....No." Bakugo wasn't keen on speaking about Uraraka much to his daughter not wanting to hurt her feelings knowing she had vague memories of her once mother. Urara sighed knowing begging wouldn't work on her dad. He was a pro-hero people begged all the time, you needed to be good to be able to get him to crack.

"So are you gonna call her?" Kirishima grinned snatching the phone from the blond's hand. "Ochako would not think any less of you if you move on if you're worried about that— we know her." Eijiro attempts to convince tapping the call button and throwing the phone back onto the bed. "Ask her to come over I can gladly take her kids." Katsuki glared at his close friend before taking the phone awaiting the female to answer— now that his friend had dialled and was watching him call he couldn't just end the call not when his ego existed.

"Bakugo?" The girl he had slowly fallen for answered, though the tone of her voice was different than the other times.

"Y/n..."

Kirishima had tip-toed out with Urara giving Katsuki a pair of thumbs up.

"Are you...alright?" On her end what seemed to be a water faucet shut off.

"I'm...I'm fine..what is it?" Bakugo wasn't one to mind his business but perhaps it was something private since she hadn't come to him like last time with the Akemi situation.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come over for dinner...Urara has been wanting to see Akemi, not gonna lie I've been thinking about you....since..the date." A chuckle from her side was heard.

"I can come right now?"

Y'ALL GET FUCKING READY also thanks Emily for helping me

Diana Out.