3: Childhood Crush

Chapter 3:
Childhood Crush

We make it to our street and I get out of his car. I notice that my brother's car is there and my eyes immediately light up. Without saying goodbye to Brian, I run into my house and hop on my brother's back. Shay catches me.

"When the hell did you get home?!?"

"Just now. Did you miss me?"

"A lot."

Shay has been gone for 10 months and now he's finally home where he belongs. He does visit during birthdays and holidays, but that doesn't make up for the Shay shaped hole in my heart. My brother, Shay is 10 months older than me and he always strived to fill my mom's role in my life. Luckily I grew up in the generation of video tutorials and the internet. Shay taught me how to handle periods, gave me boy advice, and continues to embarrass me all while still being the best big brother on planet earth. He is currently in medical school in LA working hard.

"So...how was your second year in med school?"

"It was really interesting and fun, but it hurts that I still have 2 more years to go."

"You'll get through it, I believe in you!" I encourage him.

Shay puts me down on his bed and begins to unpack.

"So...how has my little sis been doing? I have a lot of questions."

"Well...I got news to tell both you and dad during dinner."

"I got news for you and dad too. I can't wait for your's." He says excitedly. "Does it have something to do with Brian figuring out his feelings are reciprocated?"

I shake my head.

"He's still with Rowan and he's expecting me to get along with her." I say with disgust.

"So...I'm guessing you still like Brian?"

"Unfortunately...yes. Last night I fell asleep in his bed and I woke up in the middle of the night. I heard him on the phone with Rowan and it was so disgusting. 'Come on, baby. Cum for me! Say me name! Say it louder! There you go!'"

I cringe and shiver with disgust. Shay does the same thing.

"While you were asleep?!? Doesn't he know you're a light sleeper?"

"Yeah!"

Shay puts his hand on my shoulder.

"Even though Brian may never discover his real feelings for you, you will find someone who treasures you, cherishes you, and adores you. Maybe even more than I do."

"You know how hard it is for me to trust. It took awhile for me to even trust Brian the way that I do today."

"Well you gotta start somewhere to form a relationship."

Shay and I get started on dinner as we wait for our dad to come home from work. I miss having him here so much. From our kitchen, I look toward the windows near our front door and see Brian and Rowan making out against his car.

"How about I take the knife for now?" Shay says as he takes the knife away from me.

"Good idea."

Suddenly the door bell rings and I see Chris peak through our window and wave at us. I run toward the door and open it.

"Chris! What're you doing here?" I ask with a wide smile on my face.

From the corner of my eye, I see Brian stop kissing Rowan and look at Chris and I.