19: Go Party Hard, It's Your Birthday

Celine POV

3 weeks later...

It is my birthday and it also had been 3 weeks since the funeral, but that doesn't mean I'm not having fun on my 23rd birthday. I am currently living with Alena's family since I didn't want to burden Mr. Cloud so much and it's kind of weird living with my boss. Though it's been a pretty depressing month, I do have my ways to distract myself. Mr. Cloud helped me get my license and he also finally let me do a tad of engineering for the software. Mr. Cloud has been a huge part of my healing and I'm starting to think...he's actually not that bad of a person. He still gets on my nerves, but not as much.

I wake up this morning, feeling refreshed and excited for the day. I get ready for work and head outside of Alena's house when I see a purple chrome Tesla parked outside. There is a huge bow on top.

"Boo!" Mr. Cloud yells as he jumps out of the bush.

I jump and smack his shoulder gently.

"What is this all about?"

"Well..." He says as he dangles some car keys in front of my face. "HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY CELINE ROSALYN STERLING!!!!"

"No! No!" I say as I cover my mouth while in shock. "You didn't! I can't accept this."

"But you have to since I customized it to be your favorite color!!! Come on!"

He grabs my hand and leads me to the car. He presses a button and the car doors open.

"Pigeon doors?!!?!" I ask with fascination.

He nods his head excitedly. I hug my boss tightly. This is probably our millionth hug this month.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

"You are very welcome! Come on, get in."

I remove the bow and get into the car. He gets in with me.

"I might just cry!" I say as my eyes water.

"Awhhh don't cry, Celine."

Mr. Cloud giggles. I hug him again and we get on our way to work. As we drive, he shows me the self drive feature and I just can't help but look with awe. How can he just give me a car like this? It's not even a cheap car. He's unbelievable. We get to the office and he does all my responsibilities for me.

"Marcus! Please let me do my job!" I beg him.

"No! Today is your birthday. And we're at work, you're not allowed to call me Marcus here."

Also, side not: he finally caved in and let me call him Marcus.

"I feel useless right now." I whine.

"You can never be useless, you're keeping me company. I just want you to relax."

"But I feel uncomfortable doing nothing."

I pout.

"You want to try out the new game the game department sent me?"

I nod my head vigorously. Marcus signals me to go to him and I sit down in his swivel chair and play some games.

"You like that game?"

"Yes, the graphics are amazing."

"Well anything that is Cloud Soft Tech has to be be perfect...like me." He says cockily.

I just give him a look of disgust. I enjoy testing out the games for an hour until it's time for us to head to lunch. He takes me out for lunch as a birthday treat.

"How's Shay doing?" He asks me.

"Well he's still in a wheelchair, but he's same as usual."

After lunch, he lets me go home early since it's my birthday and I should get ready for my party tonight.