35: I Do

"WHERE'S MY VEIL!!!" I panic.

"Elle, calm down. It's right here." Alena hands it to me.

I sigh in relief.

"You need to calm down, Celine. Everything is under control." Melody says.

I hear a knock on my door and see Brian there standing in the doorway, looking at me in awe.

"You look beautiful. I just can't believe my best friend is getting married."

I give Brian a hug.

"I can't believe it either."

30 minutes later...

"Ready to do this?" Shay asks me.

I nod my head and link arms with him. I show up at the opposite end of the aisle and meet eyes with Marcus as Shay and I walk down. I can see how nervous he looks and a smile instinctively appears on my face. I reach the end of the aisle and I hug Shay, kissing him on the cheek. Shay hugs Marcus.

"Wow, you're really going to be my brother-in-law, how exciting!" I hear Shay whisper to Marcus.

I stand next to Marcus.

"You look beautiful." He whispers to me.

"And you look handsome as always."

3 hours later...

We pass the mic to Shay.

"As most of you know, Celine and I's father, Paul Sterling cannot be here today. I just wanna start off by saying that he would be happy that Celine has found such a great man to take care of her and the fact that the man is Marcus. We were so excited when we first saw you with him...by the way, we saw this coming." Shay giggles.

"We all did!" Alena adds.

"Yep!" Melody joins in.

"Everyone who saw this coming, raise your hands." Shay says.

Shay, Chris, Melody, Alena, Marcus, and Gabby raise their hands.

"Before those two started dating, I would call Marcus my brother-in-law and I'm excited to know that he legitimately is my brother-in-law. Marcus, I wouldn't trust any other man with my little sister. As most of you know, she means to world to me and I'm proud to say that I didn't just grow up with my best friend, but I also raised her when I was at the age of 5. I prioritized her over my education, my own health, and many other things. Elle, thank you for being my motivation to work hard, teaching me how to be responsible, and most importantly...being the best little sister a brother could ask for." Shay starts tearing up and so do I. "I honestly didn't think I'd cry, I never cry...especially in front of you. For every heart that Elle has touched, we can all agree that she's someone that's hard to let go. It's just hitting me now that I'd be letting you go into the hands of someone else. Just promise me, Marcus, that you'll prioritize Elle's happiness and safety."

"I will, Shay." Marcus says.

"I know you will. Congratulations, Elle and my brother-in-law. I wish both of you a lifetime of happiness."

Shay sits down and hands the mic to Marcus.

"Many of you all don't know the story of how Celine and I fell I love. Some one you know the simple version, some of you know the fake version, and very few of you know the detailed version." Marcus explain how we met in high school and how he found me in the store. "I'm sorry mom, dad, Matthew, and Malcolm for lying to you." Marcus says with a guilty smile on his face. He tells everyone how he told me to pretend to be his fiancé when I was actually his assistant.

"So...I used to hate him and complain about Marcus to my family and friends because of how full of himself I was and how annoying he was. Gradually, he started doing these nice things for me like taking me out of dinner and helping me get my driver's license. I still didn't like him."

"Baby, I'm sorry for yelling at you when you were trying to drive."

"He would also tease me about my horrible love life. He was the worse until one day when I got a call that my father and my brother, Shay were in a brutal car crash."

"Rest in Peace, Mr. Sterling."

"Marcus was there with me 24/7 and I couldn't have been comforted by anyone better. I was a handful, I refused to eat, couldn't sleep, and had no place to sleep. Marcus took care of all of that for me. I started falling for him before I even knew it. I found out about my feeling the day of my birthday."

"After her birthday, we confessed our feelings and I was so happy. Funny thing is that my best man, Brian aka Celine's best friend was her crush for 7 years before we met again. When he realized his feelings for Celine, Celine has already had her heart set on me. Thank you for accepting our relationship eventually, Brian. I love you, man. Congrats on be accepted to graduate school in Los Angeles. We will miss you and Alena, your girlfriend." Marcus starts giggling. "I'm sorry, I just can't believe you two are together. Anyways...I'm so happy that Celine is the first and last person I've fallen in love with."

Marcus and I kiss, and everyone claps. Marcus hands the mic to Brian, the best man.

"Hi everyone, my name is Brian Tong. Seriously, I don't know why the heck Marcus chose me to be his best man. I'll tell you the story so you'll understand why I'm so shocked."

Brian tells everyone how I was in love with him for 7 years and how Brian didn't like Marcus because he was jealous of him.

"I even caused you two to break up. Marcus, I just want to thank you for paying for rehab and getting me the best treatment I could get. That's when I started to think you're not so bad. After I finished rehab, Marcus helped me lead a life of sobriety and supported me at my lowest points. I still don't understand why since I was still in love with his girlfriend. Marcus and I became close friends and now I'm relieved that Celine has him to take care of her. I used to think, 'Damn, I hate this guy! He's so self centered, why does Celine like him so much?' I soon understood why, under all the luxury and narcissism, he is loving, caring, and kind. Marcus and I soon became best friends and I became his best man. I love you, bro, seriously."

"Love you too!!!" Marcus yells.

"Get a room!" I say.

"Elle, you're just the freakin best person I've ever met."

Brian describes how we met and became best friends.

"You were so kind to me and I know I shouldn't be saying this at your wedding, but I'm sorry I couldn't realize my feelings sooner. Thank goodness I didn't because you would be with Marcus and I wouldn't be with Alena, who makes me so happy. Also, thank you for introducing me to Alena. Thank you for teaching me that if something doesn't work out, then there is a legit reason it didn't...because something greater is supposed to happen. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Cloud. Elle, if he hurts you, I'm going to beat him up."

I stand up and go hug Brian and Shay. Marcus does the same. The host, Chris takes the mic.

"Please welcome Brian Lucas Tong as he debuts his new song, 'See you Later.'" Chris announces.

My jaw drops as I see Brian going on stage with his guitar.

"I haven't heard Brian sing in years." I say excitedly.

"I wrote this song while in rehab and I hope you all like it."

Brian starts strumming his guitar.

3 hours later...

We drive to Marcus' house and as I'm about to step in, he picks me up bridal style and carries me in.

"I love you, Celine...or should I say Mrs. Cloud?" Marcus says.

"I love you too."

Marcus sets me down and snakes his arms around my waist. He leans down to kiss me.