29: First Fight

These past two months have been incredible. My relationship with Marcus makes me super happy and I finally get to have a mom. It was hard to let her in, but the fact that we are so similar made it easier. I also finally got of Wendy's good side, sort of. It's a working progress. Today, I'm moving into her house with Shay and, my stepdad, and my two step siblings. I met my stepsister, Georgia two weeks ago and she's so damn adorable. She's 15 years old and a total sweetheart. Georgia is also really pretty and smart. I thought she'd be bitchy like an evil stepsister or something, but no. I met my stepbrother, Ethan, who is 19 last week. His similarities to Shay are crazy. They really are brothers.

"I told you that mom was great." Shay says with that cocky smile on his face.

"Whatever."

I roll my eyes.

I go into my new bedroom and look around it in awe. It's so big and the furniture, the wallpaper, the decor are all so beautiful. It's also purple so of course I love it.

"Do you like it? Purple is still your favorite right?" My mom asks me.

"Yes, I love it. Thank you, mommy."

I hug her.

These two months have been great, but there is one thing that I wish I could change. That would be my situation with Brian. I haven't spoken to him in two months and that has never happened before. He also still posts about him being at parties. He even got this huge tattoo of a yo-yo on his forearm. Brian also started trying new things like vaping and drugs. There's nothing wrong with experimenting, but I'm afraid that this is slowly turning into a regular thing for him.

Marcus helps me bring the rest of my stuff up to my room.

"How have you been, brother-in-law?" Shay asks Marcus, patting his shoulder.

"I've been doing great actually. How's your knee?"

"Well I'm not in a wheelchair anymore, and these crutches are fun. Also...you're birthday is in a week...what are you planning, bro?"

"I'm not sure because..." Marcus looks at me. "...your sister won't tell me."

"It's a surprise." I tell him.

"Can I get a hint?"

"Hmm...it's something for just the two of us, sorry, Shay!"

I stick my tongue out at my brother.

Marcus helps me organize my things in my room.

"Hey babe, what's this?"

He holds up some black lace lingerie and I start laughing.

"That was a gift from Melody."

I giggle.

"Oh really?"

I nod my head.

"And why didn't you tell me about this gift?"

I snatch it back from him.

"Just pretend you didn't see it."

"Fine. Did you find a dress for tomorrow's dinner?"

"Of course I did! I'm so proud of you, baby. You're gonna be presented with an award!!!!!!" I yell happily.

"I know, I'm just so happy you get to be there for me on my important night."

Next day...

I am about to leave work, but then Wendy hands me some sort of envelope.

"This came for you. I don't know what it is so don't ask."

"Thank you."

I say goodbye to everyone and leave the office. Marcus has to leave work early for the event so I'm going home alone I open the envelope in my car.