31: I'm Sorry

I go to work the next day and as I'm about to leave to go home, Jeremy, the Deputy Manager of the company goes up to me.

"Have you seen Marcus? He didn't show up at his meeting yesterday or today."

"Nope. I have no clue."

"Alright then."

I leave to go to the parking garage and as I'm about to put my hand on the door handle of Shay's car (that I'm borrowing btw), someone puts something over my head and picks me up. I am tossed into something and I hear it moving. I'm guessing I'm in a car.

Who the hell could this be?

After about what feels like an hour, the car parks and I am brought out of it. They tie me to a very comfortable couch and remove the bag over my head. The person who took me is masked.

"What do you want with me?" I ask with tears in my eyes.

"Money and your boyfriend happens to have a lot of it."

"He isn't my boyfriend."

"Well you're still pretty much close with Marcus Cloud."

Marcus POV

1 week later...

I'm in my office and someone knocks on the door on my office.

"Come in!"

Wendy comes in and she has this upset look on her face.

"Sir, I don't think Celine is taking her job seriously."

"What do you mean?"

"She hasn't come into the office in a week."

My eyes widen and I stand up.

"What??"

I go to my phone and track her phone.

"Yes and I can't work with someone who isn't serious about their job."

"That isn't like Celine, something has to be wrong." I say as I try to track her.

"What are you doing?"

"Looking for where Celine is. Why is she in that abandoned warehouse where the old It's It building was? I have to go, Wendy."

As I'm heading to my car, I get a text message from an unknown number. It's a video and I watch it. Celine is tied up and she has a bruise on her cheek. A gun is held to her head.

"Give me $20 million or else she gets hurt. Don't even think of calling the police or else."

"Fuck!" I yell.

I rush into my car and get the $20 million dollars. I drive past the warehouse and notice that the entrances are all blocked by men. I call a friend of mine who works at the police station and I go toward the warehouse.

"I'm Marcus Cloud." I tell the men at the entrance.

"Where's the money?" They ask.

I show the briefcase and they let me in.

"Where's Celine?!" I yell.

I hear a muffled scream and see Celine. I run toward her and begin to set her free.

"Where's the money?"

I toss him the briefcase across the floor and let her free as quickly as I can.

"Come on we have to go quick."

I quickly guide Celine out and go toward the exit my friend told me to go through.