5: Too Comfortable Too Soon

Chapter 5:
Too Comfortable Too Soon

I get home at around 6 pm. Shay and Chris picked me up.

"So...how was your first day being on your own?" Shay asks me.

"It was fine, but today was a very chill day and days aren't usually like that."

"My sister told me you and your boss went to the restaurant and ended up chatting it up for over 2 hours." Chris laughs.

I nod my head.

"Now my boss knows most of the details about my pathetic love life thanks to Alena." I say in a sigh.

"So I'm guessing I was apart of the conversation?" Chris asks.

"Yep."

Shay's eyes widen.

"Huh?!?!!" Shay yells.

"Oh shit!" Chris and I say in unison.

Shay makes us sit down on opposite ends of the couch while he stands in front of the two of us. He tells us to explain so we do.

"My sister is the hot girl you were all giggly about?!!??" Shay asks angrily.

"That would be...correct." Chris says hesitantly.

"But we swear that it won't ever happen and nothing did ever happen." I say with a guilty smile on my face.

"I second that." Chris says.

"Okay...then. I'm believing you two." Shay says. "Wait. That's why you don't like Brian?!!"

Chris nods his head.

"I still don't like him, how can he be so oblivious about Elle's feelings?"

"Honestly yeah, how can someone be so dense?" My brother asks as he scratches his head.

"Well, I'm going to my room to change." I declare.

I go to my room, close my door, and begin changing out of my dark gray pencil skirt, purple blouse, and gray high heels. I slip on some pajama shorts and a loose T-shirt. I go to the bathroom, brush my teeth, wash my face, and do my skin routine. Suddenly I hear a knock on my window. I open the curtains and see Brian there like usual. I haven't seen him since the day before my first day of work because Rowan took him out on a trip for two weeks and I couldn't even talk to Brian because Rowan had some stupid no phone rule. I slide the window open.

"How many times must I tell you that there is a front door for a reason?" I say, shaking my head at him.

Brian enters my room.

"But what's the fun in that?"

I go to my closet and pick out my outfit for work tomorrow.

"You're gonna wear that tomorrow?" Brian asks with this judgey look on his face.

"Yes. What's wrong with it?"

It's literally a cute pink blouse with a black pencil skirt and beige heels.

"That skirt, don't you think it's too short and hugs your body too much?"

"Well, it's appropriate, simple, and comfortable."

Brian sits down on my bed.

"How was your first 2 weeks on the job?"

"Well his old secretary has been training me for the past 2 weeks and today was my first day on my own."

"How do you think it went?"

"It went pretty well, except for the fact that I went to Chris' family's restaurant and Alena totally exposed me to my boss. You know what, I don't even wanna talk about." I say with distress.