10: People Can Disappoint You

Celine POV

I wake up with the most painful headache ever. My head is pounding and I slowly sit up. I find Brian sleeping right next to me. I look at my phone for the time and it's 10 pm. I notice that I have texts from Mr. Cloud.

Mr. Narcissist:
Did you make it home safely last night with that guy?

Me:
Yes. How did you know I went out with Brian last night?

Mr. Narcissist:
You FaceTimed me while you were drunk yesterday

My heart drops.

Me:
🤦🏻‍♀️ I am so sorry, sir. Please do not fire me. Did I say anything stupid?

Mr. Narcissist:
It's okay, Celine and you luckily didn't

Me:
Thank you sir

I go to the bathroom to fix my hair, wash my face, and brush my teeth. I go into the kitchen and drink some water and take a painkiller. Suddenly I get a call from Mr. Cloud and I answer.

"Hello, sir?"

"I'm outside your house."

"What?"

I walk toward the front door and open it. I step into my front yard and see him standing outside, leaning on his car. I walk toward him. It's weird, I've never seen him in casual clothes before. He looks like a normal guy.

"Here you go, for your hangover." He says as he hands me a bag with soup in there.

"Thank you, sir. You really didn't have to come all the way here to give me this."

"Yes, but I was worried that the guy who claimed to be your best friend was lying so I needed to check up on you. Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Thank you again, Mr. Cloud."

"No problem. Rest up and I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright, have a good day, sir."

He nods his head and gets into his car. I wave goodbye to him and watch him drive off. I go back inside the house and enjoy the delicious soup. Wow, I feel better already. Brian wakes up and enters the kitchen.

"Where'd you get the soup from?"

"Mr. Cloud dropped it off."

"Isn't it your day off?"

I nod my head.

"Why would your boss be here on your day off?"

"He was just worried that you weren't who you said you were."

"That's kind of him as your boss."

I nod my head again.

"We need to talk about something, Elle."

He sits down and let's out a sigh.

"What is it?"

"I know about your feelings."

My eyes widen and my heart stops.

Just kill me already! Brian knows! He knows that I've loved him since high school! He knows everything! Everything is ruined!

"Last night you were yelling and crying."

"Brian, it's not what you think."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He says with hurt in his tone.

"Because I was afraid how you'd react, I didn't want to ruin our friendship."

"Sure, Chris isn't my favorite person, but I wouldn't let it ruin our friendship if you were to date him."