7: Driver's Ed

The next morning, I get ready for work. I get on Brian's bike and loosely wrap my arms around him.

"Why so loose? Are you trying to fall?" He asks.

I tighten my grip and Brian drops me off at my boss' house. I do the regular routine and Mr. Cloud drives us to work.

"Ready?"

"Yep."

"You have 2 meetings this morning back-to-back. The first meeting is at 7:30 am, and the second one is at 9 am."

"Can you add another thing to the agenda? Add 'Go to the DMV at 2 pm.'"

"Got it, sir."

We make it to the building and I do my daily responsibilities. I stand at the right side of his desk.

"Is there anything else I could do for you, sir?"

"Yes, everyday except for your day off, clear my schedule from 5 pm to 6 pm for the next 2 months."

"Alright sir."

Mr. Cloud and I attend our meetings and he drives us to the DMV. When we're in line, Mr. Cloud pulls up official documents. We get to the front of the line.

"How can I help you today?" The lady asks.

"We're here for an appointment to apply for a license."

Hold on! He's been driving without a license this whole time?!? Mr. Cloud hands in the forms and I notice that my name is on them. The lady runs my papers through.

"Ms. Sterling, follow me for your written test."

My eyes widen and I look at Mr. Cloud.

"You'll do fine, I believe in you." He cheers me on and pumps his fist in the air.

"I didn't even study!"

"It's easy. Trust me."

I follow the lady and take my written test. It actually was pretty easy and I passed. We walk out of the DMV with my adult learner's permit.

"See, I told you that it would be easy."

"But seriously, sir, you didn't have to do this all for me."

"But I want to. Come on, get into the front seat."

"You're letting me drive your Rolls-Royce?" I ask excitedly.

"Yes, so be extra careful."

I get into the front seat and put my hands on the wheel. I turn on the engine and set the car of drive. Mr. Cloud gives me detailed instruction as I drive. He did yell at me a couple of times and I yelled at him back.

"SIGNAL!!! Are you trying to crash us??" He yells.

"Hey! Yelling distracts the driver!!" I yell back.

"I firmly believe in disciplinary learning."

"I'm an adult, not a 4 year old."