12: Sleep Over

I drive Mr. Cloud home and this time he didn't complain about my driving.

"Wow, someone has been studying."

He acts impressed.

"Thank you."

We make it to his place and I park the car in his garage. I call my brother to pick me up and as I wait, I sit in Mr. Cloud's living room.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay here alone after watching a scary movie?" I ask him.

"Yes, I'm sure." He says confidently. "Also, I think your brother is already on his way to pick you up."

"Alright."

My Wonderful Bro:
I'm here

"Shay is here. Are you sure you're okay?" I ask.

"Yes, I'm sure. Go."

"Good night, sir. See you tomorrow."

"Get home safely, I'll see you tomorrow."

I nod my head and wave goodbye to my boss as I exit his house. I get into my brother's car.

"How's his eye?"

"It's better now."

We go home and I am still scared. I follow my brother around the house and make him stand outside the bathroom as I use it. I end up falling asleep in my brother's bed with him. In the middle of the night, I hear the doorbell ring. I look at the clock and it's 1 am.

"Who would be here at this hour?" Shay asks.

"Come with me to check, I don't wanna go alone." I beg him.

The two of us go toward the front door and hesitantly open it to find Mr. Cloud standing there.

"What're you doing here?" I ask.

"I can't sleep, I'm scared."

"You shouldn't be driving with one eye swollen." I scold him.

I let him in and begin to set up the sofa. He goes straight into my room and knocks out on my bed.

"Sir, what're you doing? Hello?"

I poke him, but he really is fast asleep on my bed.

"I set up the sofa for you!"

"Mmmmm." He groans.

Mr. Cloud gets up sluggishly and moves over to the sofa. As I'm about to go back to my brother's room, he grabs my wrist.

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"To sleep."

"Please don't leave me alone." He begs me.

"I'll just be in my room then. I'll leave the door wide open."

I fall asleep in my bed.

The next morning, I blink my eyes open and find Mr. Cloud sleeping right next to met. I scream, waking up Mr. Cloud.

"What are you doing here?!?"

"I got scared so I moved here."

I notice a body pillow between the two of us as a barrier.

"Well I need to get ready for work. I'll see you at the building in 2 hours."

"Can you make us breakfast first, please?"

He smiles at me.

"Fine."

I get out of bed and start making us some breakfast and coffee.