Chapter 7

Brandon couldn't sleep, they had found a secret tunnel to enter in the palace, thanks to the beauty who they had seen and had followed her like the lost puppies.

She was so beautiful and had a grace that was not normal to find, she was the rare one.

He turned to his side and his eyes focused on his wife who lay next to him, she was beautiful too but why did he feel more attracted to a stranger than the one girl who had promised to spend her remaining life with them.

He felt guilty, he knew that Marie indeed was materialistic but she was his wife, she had done nothing to warrant this sort of behaviour of his part, she had been loyal to them since they had married and here he was thinking about some other woman who was possibly an enemy while he laid next to his wife.

He felt disgusted with himself. He wrapped his arms around Marie's slim waist as he pulled her in, she snuggled closed to him.

He shut his eyes in an attempt to throw out the images of the beauty that he had seen tonight but no matter how hard he tried her images kept playing in his mind like a piece of a broken record. He didn't know what to do anymore, he felt lost.

His heart wanted that girl yet his mind reminded him of his ethics, he was a king. He was husband, he was everything but a cheater, he didn't want to be his father.

He blocked out the images which he knew would bring nothing but pain, he took in a deep breath before going back to sleep.

Tomorrow he needed to prepare for the war, he will be everything but not a cheater, he refused to be his father, the one creature he hated the most.

Victor smirked at Nathan and Marc as they sneaked past the guards that were running and fighting, they had decided to enter through the tunnel that Brandon had showed them and there is one troop that is following them here while the other troops had attacked from the front.

Victor sneaked up behind a guard and wrapped his arm around his throat, the guard tried to attack but before he could realise what was happening, Victor had already sliced his neck, he choked on his blood on the floor for a few minutes before he shut his eyes for an eternity.

The boys slowly began walking down the corridor, it was midnight, this particular corridor was way too quiet, no one was here, not even a soul.

They walked a bit deeper, there was nothing but silence and peace, a sharp contrast to the war going on. They saw an open door, they didn't know what but they felt an unexplainable pull towards it.

Nathan took the lead as the three of them began sneaking towards the door, they pushed the door open silently, as they looked in it was a beautiful room fit for a princess.

They walked in, their swords ready to kill anyone who dared to jump out of nowhere, the moon light that filtered through the huge open window along with the slight glow of the little candles in the candle stands were the only source of light in the room.

Marc stopped dead as he looked at the person who laid in the bed, his breath hitched. In the low glow of the candles she looked like a sleeping angel, she was that beautiful.

Her hair seemed to change its colour with the lighting. She had long hair, that reached well below her butt and for a moment he wondered if she was Rapunzel.

He shook off the thought as he moved towards her, the others not far behind, they were just as entrapped by her beauty as Marc had been.

Victor wanted to take her delicate hands in his and trail kisses down her jaw to her neck, she was mesmerising, never had he in his entire life seen such a beauty.