five.

park jimin's pov

I straightened up my lab coat, blowing out a breath as I stepped into her room. Her eyes drew from the tv towards me. Y/N perked up, smiling as she tried to straighten up her horrible posture. Probably because she can barely move her arm and leg.

"Here, let me help you." I rushed to her aid, helping her sit up. I unintentionally placed my hands on her waist as I pulled her up. Once finished, she stared at me. I flinched once I realized my hands were on his waist, removing them quickly.

"Ahem." I coughed awkwardly, rubbing my neck. My feet travelled to the end of her bed, grabbing the clipboard that was attached to it.

"It looks like your recovery is going quite well, your arm is slowly regaining nerves-enough to start your physical therapy by the end of the week. Your leg seems to be recovering pretty well, too." I look up from the clipboard, finding her trying to lift her arm.

"Why isn't it working?" She sighed, giving up. "I just want to get out of here, you know. I need to find him." Y/N's voice filled with desperation, and I couldn't help but feel bad for her. She doesn't know what had happened that night, yet she still pursues it.

"It might be awhile until you will be able to get out of the hospital. There's a lot of things you need to do before you get cleared-especially physical therapy." I said, avoiding the topic.

"I know, can't really do anything, huh?" She said, looking at her arm. "Even better that I'll probably have to learn to write again." Of course she's a righty, which makes it worse for her.

"Unfortunate things happen, Miss Ahn. You just have to persevere and push through, even on your worse days. Don't give up!" I smiled, cheering her on.

    She seemed to be stuck in her thoughts before snapping her fingers

She seemed to be stuck in her thoughts before snapping her fingers. "Ah! I forgot. I was wondering if you had called him yet?" Y/N said, looking at me.

I sighed. "Uh, yeah. I tried dialing the number but I got the same response as you did." She looked down, fiddling with her fingers.

"I really don't know where he'd go. I don't remember what happened that night and as much as I try to, my head just hurts." She says, rubbing her neck.

"I try to think that he's trying to surprise me with something. Maybe he's planning a trip-or maybe he's planning to surprise me with a proposal, but the longer I wait, the more I lose hope. I wonder if he just fled. Maybe I did something wrong, because I'm always the problem apparently." She mutters quickly, she probably thought I didn't hear her but I did.

I'm single as hell, so I can't relate-but I felt bad for her. She was waiting for someone that won't come back in awhile, or forever. Will she mourn? I hope not. There are many better people in this world.

"I have a proposition for you." I said suddenly. I wondered if I was going to regret this later. "I might have someone that will be able to tell you what happened that night." As soon as the words came out of my mouth, her head snapped up and looked up at me.

"What? Really?" She said, her eyes widening.

"Yeah. The police was able to reach a few people that were witnessing the accident, but only one person knew the whole story. I can contact him for you." It was funny, because I was the only person that knew the whole story. I was the one standing on the sidewalk when I waited for the signal to walk. I was the one that heard the whole conversation, and I was the one that stood up for her when nobody else did.

Fire burned inside of me when I saw his hand come down onto her cheek, people recording, people staring-but no one did anything. She might've challenged him, but there was fear in her eyes. It obviously hurt her, and her lips were slightly trembling-but she didn't bring her guard down for anything. It only made her bring it up more.

I knew that stepping up for her could've caused consequences, Daeshim or whatever the guys' name is, and I could've fought. I could've lost my job at the hospital, but before that could even happen, a car had hit her. I had risked my whole career for a woman-but it wasn't just because I wanted to look good to the public, I wanted to help someone that everyone else just stared at. There were a few of so called men watching too, but they were too afraid to step up.

"Yeah, that...that would be great." She smiled. "Can I meet him today?" She scratched her head.

I was busy today, and she also has her first physical therapy session today.

"Physical therapy, Miss Ahn." I reminded her smoothly. "I'll call him and ask if he can come sometime tomorrow. Most likely before visiting hours end, but for now-just worry about yourself." I smiled softly as I turned my back, exiting the room.

"Dr. Park?" Her voice called out as I stopped in my tracks. "Thank you." I nodded.

Now I needed to figure out how to be that guy without her knowing that it's me. I can't just wear a random mask and cover my whole face. Maybe that would be too suspicious-but it would work.

Y/N doesn't know about my sense of fashion, so I could use that to my advantage. Maybe I'll wear baggy clothes-since I wear tighter clothing at the hospital. I'll wear a face mask as well as a hat, which will cover most of my face and my black hair.

Ah yes. The most important part. She will ask for my name. The name can't be too different from mine, or it'll seem suspicious too. I guess I don't have to stress it too much now, I'll make it up tomorrow night.

The day she learns the truth.

how do you thinkit'll go? do you thi-nk that Y/N will figure out that it's Jimin? This was kind of boring, butthat's how we're gonna get to the good part !!

how do you think
it'll go? do you thi-
nk that Y/N will
figure out that it's
Jimin? This was
kind of boring, but
that's how we're
gonna get to the
good part !!

ty for reading !!
make sure to
comment + vote
if you liked this
chapter!
- <3, tina

[UNEDITED]