sixteen.

your pov

"Babe, you're doing so well," He slowly followed me while my hands were grabbing onto the walker for dear life. I felt his lips press onto my cheek for a quick second before he pulled away, a blush creeping upon my cheeks.

I just started walking on my leg again, it wasn't as fast as a race car, but it was good enough. Good enough to get me out of here soon.

My support system has gotten stronger over the months, all because of one person. Daeshim. I really thought I was dumb to take him back, and that I really had gotten hurt because of him before, but it was a misunderstanding. I know that he just drove over to tell my busy parents, but his trip got extended.

I missed him, a lot. Ever since that night, Dr. Park stopped coming in for morning coffee, he stopped coming in everyday. I wondered why. Most of the time now, it was the nurses that come in and check my vital signs and my recovery. I try to get his attention whenever I'm rolled around in the halls, but he seems to ignore me.

He kissed me. I still remember it, and I had wondered what would've happened if Daeshim hadn't come back that night. Would he be replacing Daeshim right now? I didn't know, but I didn't want to, either. I've got the best thing going for me in my life at this moment.

There were moments where I had a bad feeling about taking Daeshim back, but his kindness and love for me really denied all of the feelings. I knew that he wouldn't hurt me, and that he would take care of me.

Hobi, Taehyung, and Jungkook all seemed suspicious about the sudden comeback, but they didn't really say much about it. Just nodded their head while their fists clenched. I couldn't blame them, though. I was just as mad as they were when I saw him come back.

Right foot
Left foot
Right foot
Left foot

It was a continuous pattern as I continued to walk down the hallways in the hospital. Usually, a nurse would follow me around-but apparently I've "gotten so good," that I can go around without one.

"You're getting faster than me," Daeshim smiled, walking side by side with me.

I texted Daeshim the following day when he gave me his phone number, I really hoped that he hadn't given me the wrong one and that I wouldn't text a total stranger. Fortunately, it was him.

We texted casually and occasionally he'd come to the hospital with food, which was a delight. Okay, not occasionally, almost everyday before visiting hours ended. That was also when Dr. Park slowly distances himself from me.

I couldn't really go out to restaurants with him since I was under supervision, but Daeshim would bring roses and food as if we really were on a date. We weren't really broken up in the first place, but he asked me out again after a month of continuously having dinner dates in the hospital.

I didn't understand why Jaeho would tell me such awful things about Daeshim leaving. That could be why the guy was masked, because he didn't want to own up to the lie that he told. He got caught in a lie.

-

park jimin's pov

I can't get caught in a lie.

I have to avoid her at all costs, because the moment my eyes lay onto Miss Ahn, I feel the guilt eating up at me. I'm her doctor, and I'm supposed to be treating her and checking up on her, but I can't. I can't just walk in and act as if I'm not holding such a big lie from her right now.

I ignore her in the halls, because I can't see her being happy with such a lie. Whenever she tries to reach out to me, or call my name when she's passing by, I can't help but clench my fists in anger because he's always around her. And that I have to keep doing it so I would protect her.

It's eating me up inside, and the more I see her the more I'm pushed to the edge of just blurting everything out. Eventually I will have to tell her, but right now, I can't lose her.

I despise Daeshim. With a passion. I wished he wouldn't be such a pushover. The love she has for him is unexplainable, and I could see it in her eyes. Yet, there is nothing in his. The only thing showing his affection are his little comments and kisses on the cheek.

I wondered if she remembered Jaeho. I wondered if she disregarded what he said and believed in Daeshim instead because his is "more credible," than Jaeho's, or mine. Because Daeshim is just so trustworthy.

I know what he's done, and I know I could end his relationship with her at any second, but it could backfire on me. Even knowing Daeshim just a tiny bit, I know that he would tell her with no regrets nor mercy. He'd rip her heart into shreds without hesitation.

"God," I groaned as I banged my head on the wall repeatedly. "What am I supposed to do?" I whispered to myself.

"Jimin? What's wrong now?" Namjoon asked, handing me a cup of coffee. I sighed, quietly thanking him for the coffee before looking down. The steam went up to my face, the warmth hitting it.

"You're bothered by something, I know you. What's wrong Jimin?" He said, sitting me down at the table.

I knew I could trust Namjoon with anything and everything, he's an honest and humble man. I needed advice for this, and I knew that he'd be able to tell me what to do. He's the only one I got, anyway.

I told him everything. From Daeshim returning to the moment where he threatened to ruin everything. I only left out the kiss, but that was because I was afraid Joon would judge me.

"Wow," he breathed out. He seemed surprised, and I would've been too. He scratched at his head, "You really care for her, don't you?" He began.

I nodded. I cared for her so much, but I couldn't do anything. I didn't own her or-or even know her personally. I'm just someone that fell attracted to her. "I have never said this before," he paused.

"You need to get rid of him before he hurts her again," my eyes widened. "No, Chim, I don't mean it like that. I mean that you need to find something that will give you an advantage-sabotage, threaten, anything that is not against the law but will draw him away from her. The longer he stays, the more she will get attracted to him she gets. She'll be brainwashed if you're not fast enough, and she won't believe anything anyone says unless it's from him. If you're not fast enough, not only will you lose her-but she'll lose herself".

I needed to get rid of him.

gosh, i really want tojust get rid of daeshimbut then again there would be no use for this story

just get rid of daeshim
but then again there would
be no use for this story

[UNEDITED]