twenty two.

park jimin's pov

I have had multiple thoughts about visiting her at the bakery, but I didn't want to disrupt her thoughts about everything. I had struck her with a big confession, and she seemed shocked because of it.

"Rough day? You look miserable," Joon walked up to me with a coffee. I took it from him, giving him a soft smile as I nodded.

Truth is, I was miserable. Having to keep a secret from her, and knowing that she knows I'm hiding something from her scares me more. More so, I hate that I have to keep my distance from her, for her safety.

"Is it about her Jimin?" He asked, leaning against the wall next to me.

My silence answers his question. "Is she worth it, Jimin-ah?" He sighed, turning his head to face me. I nodded, a smile etching onto my face as she pops into my head.

It might be a surprise, but I don't have much experience with girls. The last time I ever really dated someone was in middle school, and It only lasted for two weeks. We only got together because of peer pressure. But that doesn't matter, Y/N entices me.

I sipped on my coffee, letting out a sigh as I stared at the bare hallways of the hospital. Visiting hours were over, so most of the patients had gone back into their rooms.

I always enjoyed this hour since it was the least chaotic hour in the day. It was even better when taking a 24-hour shift.

"Joon," I called out, gaining his attention as he turned his head to look at me.

"If you had a choice-to keep something from someone you like and keep them, or tell them, but break their heart," I paused. "What would you do?" It was obvious that it was me I was asking for, but he answered anyway.

"I would tell her, whether it would hurt you or not. Keeping it to yourself would be selfish, and the guilt would soon eat you up inside, plus-you never know how she will react," he said. I knew he was right, not just because he was always right. I knew that either way, it would hurt her-but if I tell her soon, she'll be able to move on from everything sooner rather than later-even if it means moving on from me.

I knew what I had to do. "Trust your gut, Jimin," he placed his hand on my shoulder. I nodded at his words, taking in what he said.

My phone vibrates against the fabric of my pants as I slid it out from my back pocket. Checking the caller ID, it was Y/N. My eyebrows scrunched up in confusion as I tilted my head.

Has she decided to like me back? Is she going to break everything off with me?

Random thoughts poured out from my brain as I looked at the name. Joon seemed to notice as he nudged my shoulder, gesturing to answer it. I took a deep breath before pressing the green button and putting it up to my ear.

"Oh he picked up," the person on the other side yelled. I pulled it from my ear slightly and winced as I nearly went deaf.

"Who is this? Why are you calling on Miss Ahn's phone?" I asked.

"This is Hobi," I went through my head, trying to remember a Hobi. I suddenly remembered Y/N constantly calling her friend Hobi the day of her discharge. Ah, the loud one.

"Figured to call you since the other idiot didn't pickup his goddamn phone, what a boyfriend he is," I could hear him cursing under his breath.

"What do you mean? What for?" I said, taking a step forward. I looked to my left as Joon seemed genuinely worried as well, his features appearing concerned.