thirteen.

your pov

It's been weeks, maybe months. Months since I've started the healing process. Maybe it has been months, but I don't know since the hospital really has no time.

The only thing that signifies night and day is the sun and the moon, but I don't keep track of the month anymore. It could be Christmas for all I care-because no one visits me.

No one, as in the one person I've been waiting for. I don't know where he is, or if he's even alive. Jungkook, Taehyung, and Hoseok all visit me constantly, always being my support system-but sometimes I just feel empty.

After that hand caressing however long ago, it wasn't particularly the last cute interaction we had. More so from Dr. Park. It might've been simple, but when he gave me those closed eyes whenever he smiled, it always made my day. Maybe it was with all of his patients, but I felt special. I felt motivated to get better-all because of one damned smile.

    The smile gets me every time

The smile gets me every time. I swear even nurses probably swoon over him. Oh shit.

Do I swoon over him? I can't just say that, I'm literally his patient. Gosh, If I had met him earlier I wonder how things would be now. Would I even be in this hospital? Scratch that, I don't know why I'm even thinking of meeting Dr. Park earlier. I don't know what I am thinking.

Dr. Park walks into my room everyday at least once just to check up on my health and how my recovery is coming along. Meaning, my day is made everyday. I don't even know how to explain it, honestly. It just makes me feel some type of way that not many people have made me feel. People, including Daeshim. The feeling was odd to me, since it came from my doctor.

To just describe it, I have butterflies in my stomach every time he enters the room. Sometimes, I even blush when he shoots me that award-winning smile whenever he leaves the room. Yeah, I'm definitely swooning.

Never mind that, my hands have been able to function pretty well now. I can actually grip the ball, although I can't squeeze. Dr. Seokjin said I've been recovering well, too. My arm doesn't feel like a ton anymore, and once in awhile I can run my hand through my hair. I must say, it is a big accomplishment whenever I'm able to lift it.

Even when I'm able to use my hand again, I still have to slowly work with my leg. It's been recovering well, but it's just been there. Nobody told me to move it, so I don't. I'm trying to get out of here as fast as possible.

"Good, Y/N!" Dr. Seokjin exclaimed as I grabbed the ball. I had tried to squeeze it, but my fingers weren't too strong for that yet. "Your recovery is coming along quite well. In a few months you'll probably be able to squeeze the ball as if nothing happened, and soon after, your leg." He smiled, the pen scribbling on his clipboard. I nodded, smiling. He bid me farewell as usual before leaving.

"You did well, Y/N." Dr. Park smiled as he entered my hospital room, which has felt more like home-now that it's been decorated by Hoseok, Taehyung, Jungkook, and evening Dr. Park. There were taped photos of us together, and there were roses and books, and everything a temporary home might feel like. The three even went as far as grabbing some things from my apartment. Dr. Park, well, he's another story. He comes into my hospital room everyday holding two cups of coffee, one for each of us. We'd converse for ten minutes before his shift starts. Although the time seems short, I love the conversations we have-it makes me feel like I'm home.

"I'm glad you're getting better. You will be out of here in no time." I grinned and nodded proudly at his words. There was a part of me not wanting to leave this hospital, this temporary home.

Months ago, I would do anything and everything just to get out of here. I would strain myself, just to move again. I would hurt myself, just to be able to function. I don't know what changed me, though. It might've been my friends' constant love and support, or Dr. Park always seeing me and connecting with me with all our conversations. He listens~he isn't just someone that pretends to understand you, yet he doesn't care. No, he makes me feel welcomed in a place that I least would expect myself to call home.

"I'm so proud of you." Dr. Park said, reaching in and embracing me in his arms. I could barely face my body towards his, but I relaxed in his touch.

I dug my head into the nape of his neck, sniffling. "Miss Ahn?" He questioned, not letting go of me as he slowly and gently patted my back. "Are you okay?" He whispered as he ran his fingers through my hair.

I nodded softly. "Dr. Park..," I started as I pulled away from his embrace and looked into his beautiful brown eyes. "Thank you so much for everything, I mean-I never expected to see a hospital so much like a home. I never expected be happy here, and I definitely did not expect to have my doctor be so caring. I-I don't know if it's part of your job, but your hospitality has helped me go through so much."

"A-And the care that the staff had given me had made me feel so much better about hospitals. Instead of feeling like it was a scary place, it's welcoming." I looked down at my lap, giving off a grin as I let a lone tear fall.

His finger tilted my chin up, my eyes meeting his. "The care I have for you is part of my job, but it's genuine, too. I walk into your room everyday smiling with coffee, it's my choice. I don't get paid to do that, nor would I ever want to get paid for it. I enjoy my conversations with you, whether you're my patient or my friend. I'm glad that I'm the one that has changed your mind about hospitals. Lives are saved everyday, and there's nothing scary about it. Your home is where you feel the most comfortable and loved."

By the time he was finished, a few more tears had managed to escape, but I felt like I was holding myself up well. My fingers fidgeted as he rubbed the back of his neck. I noticed that whenever he'd rub his neck, it meant he was nervous. I didn't understand why he was nervous in this moment, though.

But the thought of why he had seemed nervous was cut off immediately. Before I could even comprehend it, his lips landed on mine with a peck. Within seconds, the feeling was gone.

I looked up to find Dr. Park, blushing.

finally !!hehe ;))

finally !!
hehe ;))

[UNEDITED]