twenty seven.

your pov

"Water," Dr. Kim said, slipping it into my shaking hands before closing the door behind him. The room was empty, Jimin had made sure of it as he locked the door to maintain our privacy.

Jimin seemed to noticed my unsteady hands as he grabbed the mug and put it up to my lips for me to sip.

I took multiple gulps, almost downing the whole mug before Jimin pulled the mug away. I rubbed the palms of my hands against my pants in embarrassment for chugging the water.

I looked up, finding him rubbing the back of his neck-probably having no idea of where to start, because I didn't either.

"What happened?" Were the first two words that had come out of his mouth after the momentary pause. Yet the two words had my emotions strike me again, as my lips trembled.

"I-um, remember everything," I gave a lopsided smile as I started a fresh trail of tears. "From Daeshim's cheating, to his slap, and to the accident," I took a deep inhale.

Jimin's eyes widened, "everything?" he asked as his hands cupped my cheeks.

"Not exactly everything, but enough to know what he had done before," I said, looking down. "I still don't know what made me cross that street so urgently that gotten me paralyzed, and I don't know how I got to the hospital," I sighed. "I'll get there soon."

"Did Daeshim tell you?" Jimin asked. I shook my head, not knowing how to describe the feeling I had gotten just before the memory had flashed through my mind.

"It's like nostalgia. Instead of watching or seeing, I touched something that had probably meant something to the lost memory. It was weird, but then the flashback flashed right in front of my eyes, it was like I blacked out for a quick seconds."

He seemed fascinated, his eyes twinkling as I said that. "What?" I wondered as he seemed to be spaced out in his mind.

"Nothing, I just found it amazing how you regained your memories back within 8 months while people take 30 years," Jimin said.

"Maybe I did wish that I didn't know anything, though," his smile turned into a frown as he listened. "It wasn't just the nostalgia, it was his phone, too. He was acting odd and I couldn't help but wonder why he'd been acting that way," I trailed off, fidgeting with my fingers.

"It really sucks to find out that your partner had been cheating on you, even after the accident," I sniffled. "Especially when he used your amnesia to his liking, knowing that I wouldn't figure anything out," until I did.

"That son of a bi-" Jimin muttered as he stood up, ready to storm out before I quickly grabbed his arm, desperately clinging onto it.

"Please don't leave," I whispered. Don't leave like everyone else has, is what I wanted to say, it was the truth. I couldn't let someone like him, Hobi, Jungkook, or Tae walk out of my life-they are too precious. Jimin smiled before sitting next to me as I leaned my head onto his shoulder, yawning.

My parents aren't like them, though. Work had taken over their lives, putting them into constant labor-I had thought I still had the parents I once loved, yet they were people I had become foreign to.

Daeshim isn't like them, because he had given me so much love, yet he wasn't loyal to me. He didn't love me the way he said he did, and it was now that I wished I hadn't trusted him so much. It was my fault I hurt myself and Jimin. I doubted Jimin when he was there for me, I shoved him away until he didn't want to reach me anymore; hence when he dodged me all the time.

"He isn't worth it," I mumbled.

"I won't let him hurt you anymore, Y/N. Whatever it is, I'll protect you," I looked up from his shoulder to see him grinning down at me. I felt myself blushing before looking away.

The mood had brightened up a bit, our smiles more prominent than our frowns. So we sat there for awhile in complete silence, enjoying each other's undisturbed company.

"Do you have somewhere to stay for the night?" Jimin asks, breaking the silence. I shake my head against his shoulder, he nodded in understanding.

"I'll probably head to a motel or sleep in my car for the night," I sighed. I didn't really mind the car, but it wasn't exactly better than a real bed. "I didn't realize that I'm basically going to be a nomad now," I smiled tiredly, not wanting to deal with the housing situation right now.

"Do... do you want to stay at my apartment for a bit?" My eyes widened at his offer, instantly panicking as I tried to find an answer.

"Oh I, I could never," I waved my hand, politely declining his offer. "I wouldn't want to be a burden, plus motel beds and cars are pretty comfy," I reassured him, smiling.

"Motels are dirty, have you seen how much gunk and dirtiness that is all around the rooms? They might be cheap, but the condition is the same as the price. Cars, sleeping might be doable, but it's not very comfy nor safe at night".

He seemed to prove my reason wrong in a split second as I tried to find another reason to explain to him why I shouldn't stay over. I mean, well, there isn't exactly another reason for me not too except that I'd be a bother.

"Don't worry, I live with someone else, too-so it won't just be us if you're worried about that," he smiled. Instead of worrying why I shouldn't stay over, I worried about who he stayed with. Was it a girl? Maybe his girlfriend? Or his wife? I never really realized that he never talked about his love life, which made me wonder if his housemate was his partner.

"Just for tonight? Just until you can contact Jungkook, Hoseok, or Taehyung about it? It's pretty late so they probably aren't awake right now," Jimin said. "Come on, you won't be a burden," Jimin pouted as I hesitated to answer.

His pout seemed to give me an answer as I deeply sighed, knowing that he won.

"Fine."

"Yay!" Jimin cheered, his eyes closing. I never really noticed how cute he was when he smiled or laughed, and he probably doesn't either-because he couldn't see himself when he laughs. Though, just the looks of him smiling will always make my day.

"Let's go, I'll introduce you to my roommate, too," he smiled.

Oh boy.

do you guys rememberwho his roommate is?

who his roommate is?

thanks for reading !!
ty always for your
support + love

- <3, tina.

[UNEDITED]