twelve.

your pov

The daylight disturbed my state of sleep as I groggily woke up to a bright room. I rubbed my eyelids as memory had hit me. Looking down at my hand, I found it back in its' cast-with no pain. Instinctively, I grabbed my phone from the table beside me as I checked the time. It's only been 12 hour since it happened.

I also remembered what Dr. Park had said to me before I drifted off. I'm sorry that you're hurting. I'm not sure what he meant, but I knew it was something about straining my arm, right? His eyes held pity, he seemed sad for me. There are so many things that I'm currently confused and left out on, but I will find out soon.

"Ah, you're awake, good." I bright face greeted me as he interrupted my thoughts. I snapped my head up, finding Dr. Park standing in my room. Instead of the pity and sorrow that was drawn onto his face like last night, his marshmallow-like cheeks are brighter and his facial expression is more... soft.

God! Why am I describing my own doctor like this?

"There are some things up for discussion." I nodded, his marshmallow-cheeks not puffed up anymore and his smile gone. Instead, his face was serious.

"I was paged yesterday-someone was pressing the red button, meaning that there was an emergency." Dr. Park started. "When I rushed to the room, I realized that it was yours. Your cast was off, your veins were bulged as you were almost screaming." I shuttered at how horrible it seemed to watch me.

Dr. Park pulled up a chair next to my bed where I rested, sitting down. "You overdid yourself, Y/N." I realized that this was the first time he had called me by my first name. "You strained yourself even though you were constantly reminded to not strain yourself." He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck as he ran a hand through his hair. I stared, seeing his dark hair move freely whenever he hand ran through it-it was calming.

"I had to put you to sleep, so that the pain would go away for you. You know that you can't do this, Miss Ahn. It hurts seeing that. I don't want my patients to do this to themselves-to push themselves off the edge. Hell, it was horrible seeing you do this." I noticed how he didn't use his formal tone, and instead talked to me casually.

"Tell me, Miss Ahn. Why did you do it?" His little eyes stared into mine as his expression was still serious.

"I...I felt like I wasn't making any progress, I didn't know what to do. I know it takes time, and I know it takes a lot of recovery, but I didn't know what to do. When Dr. Seokjin left, I knew that I had to make progress next time he came." I sighed. In honesty, I was scared that I wouldn't be able to function my hand properly ever again.

"I didn't realize how far I had gone, and how frustrated I had gotten until pain just took over..." I frowned, disappointed in myself. I looked at Dr. Park, observing to see if he looked at me in disappointment too. Instead, his eyes were pointed downwards, his mouth wasn't serious-but it was... sad.

Dr. Park sighed before hesitantly placing his hand on mine. His silky and soft hand felt warm-something I immediately felt comfort in. I wanted to grab onto it, but it was a stupid idea. He's just comforting me.

"It's okay to be scared. It's okay, It's okay. You're in the hospital, Y/N. Here, there is no rush, because there really is no time." He chuckled softly. He was right, though. Sometimes you don't even know the time or day, you're just existing, in the hospital.

"You can take all the time you need to recover properly. There is no need to strain yourself." His thumb stroke my hand gently as I bit the inside of my bottom lip. "You won't be able to recover fully or well if you rush your body. It might take awhile, but it will let you know when it's ready." He nodded, continuing to stroke my hand.

I immediately wondered if he did this with all of his patients to comfort them. He has to. He has to do it, because I can't be the only one feeling the type of way. The comfortability he makes me feel is off the charts-and it makes me sad that no one else, not even my best friends can give me that comfortability. It scares me, why is he the one that is giving me this sort of comfort? Would I feel the same way if Daeshim was here with me?

"Do you understand me, Miss Ahn?" He asked, giving me a soft smile.

    I nodded, not saying anything

I nodded, not saying anything. "Good. I'll be heading out now and check on you later." He got up from the chair, putting it back before turning his back to me."

"Wait." I paused him in his footsteps. He turned around, looking at me in the eyes. I felt bare in front of him as I looked away, hopefully not making it obvious that I was blushing.

He raised his eyebrow, waiting for me to speak. "You mentioned something early before I drifted off... 'I'm sorry that you're hurting'?" I repeated what he said as his eyes widened.

"What did you mean by that?" I asked.

Dr. Park cleared his throat. "W-well, I don't know what you're trying to ask-but I meant that I felt sorry that you strained yourself, that you hurt yourself." He said quickly before quickly excusing himself and leaving the room.

That was weird. He just immediately left after he answered. Was there something more? Or was he just being honest and actually busy so he left? I sighed, rubbing my temple as I felt a headache coming on.

I looked back at the moments where his skin touched mine-immediately blushing. Dr. Park's warm, soft, and silky hands touched mine. I never in most of my life had felt so comfortable.

I felt safe.

thank you for yourlove + support fromeveryone ! please vote / comment if you'd like

thank you for your
love + support from
everyone ! please
vote / comment if
you'd like . a more
interesting chapter
coming soon!

- <3, tina.

[UNEDITED]